Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maslina

12-06-2012

I like Ionic Spark. It fit great early game on an AD carry for me. It gave health, attack speed and a nice passive that allowed me to farm tremendously, so even if I was lacking in kills i would still have a late game presence due to all of the minion kills I acquired.

Humblewarrior

12-06-2012

Why are you removing Ionic Spark? That's the core item for my Volibear build! There's another build of mine that you've ruined.

Flat 5th

12-06-2012

uhhh not having heart of gold hurts more than the support. some bruisers like shen and every other top lane bought his often. also, if you happen to play an ad bot lane to support like lee sin as i did often your really don't have any options for gold over 10 items

Flat 5th

12-06-2012

and the people complaining about ionic spark they have replaced it with another item

Humblewarrior

12-06-2012

Its not as good. Not even close.

Xaedo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Why are we using this thread to comment on Season 3 items? Its a preview >.>

Beaumains

12-06-2012

I wanted to stop in here to thank the Riot team for putting the 15% CDR back on DFG, and say I'm really looking forward to Atmog's Revenge. Also how does the new DFG active work with Vlad's ult? Does that scale both ways (doesn't sound like it does)? Is it merely additive?

If I understand correctly, Vlad's ult actually deals that bonus 12% as additional magic damage while new DFG simply amplifies incoming damage, which suggests that a single target afflicted by both DFG & Hemoplague would take 34.4% increased (magic) damage and 12% increased non-magic damage (I forget, does Hemoplague amplify true damage or other non-magic, non-physical damage?).

I have some more questions, so please bear with me. The Preseason site links to this thread for NA discussion so that's where all of this is coming from.

Runaan's Hurricane: will certainly be fun to allow Ash to multi-kite (I assume ability based procs are included, especially with the removal of the popular if errant MBR), and Ash coupled with a Black Cleaver Garen will probably be quite deadly, and Kog can now multi-shred, I presume. But I'm also wondering how this works with other, less obvious things, such as Spray-n-Pray, Explosive Shot (passive), and Teemo's (and Twitch's) poison; does it also proc Kayle's splash damage? What about Sivir's Bouncing Blades?

Liandry's Torment: sounds like a Swain item; does the 'impaired mobility' include snares/roots, stuns, and suppression? I assume the effect can only be applied once (i.e. multiple spells don't stack the proc but refresh it); really looking forward to how this works on Vlad btw.

Ohmwrecker: if the nearest tower can't be affected, does this affect the nearest tower that can be affected, fail to cast, or get wasted?

Hunter's Machete: does the first passive amplify the second? If so, does that mean actual bonus damage is 12, or has that already been factored in (also for derivatives)? Why didn't Butcher carry over to mads? This seems to be a new precedent where passives seem to get lost with upgrades; I thought Riot was shying away from that. Stone upgrades all lose Rend too, so I'm wondering why Stone and mads don't just both upgrade from something else (e.g. Longsword) and develop those separate passives respectively, or leave mads as is, and upgrade Spirit Stone from Philosopher's Stone.

Statikk Shiv: I can appreciate the gameplay involved in making this a proc (btw, would this proc on Hurricane three times, each jumping between the others for up to 12 hits?), but shouldn't this be more like a Sheen proc or an active? Also, critical magic damage? I'm not against AD champions doing magic damage (or vice versa), but I thought you guys said you were specifically drawing a hard line between physical and magic damage specifically because of the numbers and mechanics involved between the two damage types; doesn't this blur that line and set a dangerous precedent?

In general, it seems like there are several build paths that circumvent similar and potentially related ones, such as Valor and P-Stone. Still I'm very much looking forward to the new items overall. I think Riot has done a terrific job setting out to develop diverse build options; I can already see where before a champion had one build option, they now have two, and where they had two, they now have three, and those who had multiplicatively many now have multiplicatively many more.

wr3cking

12-06-2012

you guys ruined so many of my jungle builds its not even funny. and honestly why did you change the black cleaver it was a great adc and basically any dps champions item and was in a lot of my builds. how about before you change or remove major items you consider the fact that this affects large crowds considerably not just a little bit. like the new wriggles is awful, that extra is armor is nice bit not worth that damage de-buff at all, and you lied i don't clear camps faster, actually slower. you say you're players of this game but i'm not so sure if you don't understand what that does to us. Really like for example. shaco builda are highly dependent on always 2 items, 1.wriggles 2.infinity edge and you DEMOLISHED both those items. It might be nice for once to be heard when we junglers say this, but stop changing the jungle we took years to master already and if you want to make more junglers maybe you should put the old leash back the way it was. by making the leashed and the leasher take more damage you made life harder for all of us. it wasnt easy to jungle before, thanks so much for making it impossible.

Beaumains

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wr3cking View Post
you guys ruined so many of my jungle builds its not even funny. and honestly why did you change the black cleaver it was a great adc and basically any dps champions item and was in a lot of my builds. how about before you change or remove major items you consider the fact that this affects large crowds considerably not just a little bit. like the new wriggles is awful, that extra is armor is nice bit not worth that damage de-buff at all, and you lied i don't clear camps faster, actually slower. you say you're players of this game but i'm not so sure if you don't understand what that does to us. Really like for example. shaco builda are highly dependent on always 2 items, 1.wriggles 2.infinity edge and you DEMOLISHED both those items. It might be nice for once to be heard when we junglers say this, but stop changing the jungle we took years to master already and if you want to make more junglers maybe you should put the old leash back the way it was. by making the leashed and the leasher take more damage you made life harder for all of us. it wasnt easy to jungle before, thanks so much for making it impossible.
The old (old) BC was great for pubstomping noobs who never built armor, by putting -50 armor on them and shredding them into the negative values you could amplify your damage secretly and make them rage. However, this wasn't as effective in a real game against intelligent opponents (who would at least build some armor) as shredding 30% of armor that BC currently does. Remember, it's currently popular to have at least 2 tanky/beefy champions who will have at least 150 armor, and well in excess of 200 armor (even 300-500 armor) come late game. 30% of 200 is 60, which is far better than what BC used to do.

However, I do dislike the IE nerf; it's getting harder and harder to 1-shot the Xin-Zhao crowd, but I'm not completely up in arms: it's only two more Siphoning Strikes you have to get to make up for it. But it's the principle of the matter I tell you!

Llonowar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

What about the Madrid's Bloodrazer !? It is not on the missing items list, and its no longer in the item tree. That was the core item for Warwick, and now.... ?

Please bring back the awesome, classic, or Warwick may find himself with the manatee.