Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nydusrush

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureShadow View Post
1) Bulwark is the new big MR item, and MR got slightly nerfed across the board. It's the FoN replacement, effectively.

2) Health is much more accessible and easy to get now, especially for tanks. Health counters AP burst almost more than MR does, considering the penetration changes. Grab a mogs and a mallet and you should be completely fine.
That seems to be the direction of this update, but isn't that counterproductive to Riot's overall goal to make the game dynamic and interesting?

What I mean is that if MR is being relegated in favor of just building a massive health pool for every tank, then won't that lead to just as much stagnation as relying on MR too much? This brings up another difficulty I have with the FoN decision: if one of the reasons for its removal was that it was "weird" or had an "unusual combination of effects", wouldn't that be even more reason to keep it in the rotation?

I wouldn't have as much of a problem with the decision if AR items were also being hit (as least that would point to a consistent mentality with the update), but this just seems like tanks are being left with very few options against an AP team or even against one particularly fed AP carry beyond "build more health".

If MR is going to be nerfed, then wouldn't it make more sense from a balance perspective to also nerf AP ratios across the board? Or to make MPEN less effective instead of more?

Arnheim

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nydusrush View Post
That seems to be the direction of this update, but isn't that counterproductive to Riot's overall goal to make the game dynamic and interesting?

What I mean is that if MR is being relegated in favor of just building a massive health pool for every tank, then won't that lead to just as much stagnation as relying on MR too much? This brings up another difficulty I have with the FoN decision: if one of the reasons for its removal was that it was "weird" or had an "unusual combination of effects", wouldn't that be even more reason to keep it in the rotation?

I wouldn't have as much of a problem with the decision if AR items were also being hit (as least that would point to a consistent mentality with the update), but this just seems like tanks are being left with very few options against an AP team or even against one particularly fed AP carry beyond "build more health".

If MR is going to be nerfed, then wouldn't it make more sense from a balance perspective to also nerf AP ratios across the board? Or to make MPEN less effective instead of more?
You are absolutely right. This new update has it's own weird stuff in it, and it doesn't fully convince me, you know? It's like they tried to make a huge leap forward instead of several smaller ones.

PD: Can anyone suggest a good build for a support champion like Soraka? I can't seem to figure it out on my own it seems.

Chromium Sulfate

12-05-2012

pg 184.
just go there

Aggrothis

12-05-2012

ATM, i never was able to play a game long enough to test all support items. So far i've used the sight stones, banner of Command, Mikale Crucible, Phil stone, Eleisa's Miracle, CD boots with 8% increase movement speed increase for allies and minions, and the Runic Bulwark. Of course never got to make it all in one game to see my stats and how it works together etc. Every game ended before the 30 min mark even with my aggressive pick pockets and 35+ assists. But this has been against bots mostly until i can get comfortable with a new build.

PS...depending on how the opposing team makes their builds, soraka and sona may become obsolete due to Ohmwrecker and Executioners blade. I may be wrong though but for certain you will have to have some item that will grant you immunity for the duration of Ohmwrecker to survive their burst while your ADC is away. Though Im not sure if such an item exists since i dont really need it against bots :s

Usergonemad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Does anyone know if passives that do magic dmg activate Liandry's Toment's passive?

Fuzk

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usergonemad View Post
Does anyone know if passives that do magic dmg activate Liandry's Toment's passive?
do you mean like Brand's passive?

Goau

12-05-2012

I have to ask why this for my mage builds, as this item was a big, big deal. What was the reason for removing Moonflair Spellblade?

The reason I ask is because I almost always got this time when playing an AP damage champion, getting the spell pen boots, for the tenacity effect. Since playing AP champions, I have been trying to work out how to make my builds work without buying Merc Treads, but have had no luck.

So, again, why remove the only AP tenacity item for mages? All it gave was 45 AP and the tenacity.

Siv

12-05-2012

Really feels like you black balled tanks there...

ConanOfCimmeria

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

D: Why is Madred's Bloodrazor gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tokiobeast

12-05-2012

Does Black Cleaver's Passive stack with Xin Zhao's ability? He can basically become the tank killer making armor pointless right?