Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yoshiko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Heart of Gold should not have been removed. Support Junglers were hit too hard by this.

The new Sight ward item is interesting, but takes up an extra inventory slot as 2 or even 3 wards is never enough. Either allow this item to hold additional wards that you can drop at will or bring back heart of gold.

Tosin Loads

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiko View Post
Heart of Gold should not have been removed. Support Junglers were hit too hard by this.

The new Sight ward item is interesting, but takes up an extra inventory slot as 2 or even 3 wards is never enough. Either allow this item to hold additional wards that you can drop at will or bring back heart of gold.
Right but thinking on a long term scale.. you get more back from the sight ward & it's about the same price.
You are right about 3 wards not being enough but... are you the only one warding? lol... nope... you all should be.
3 wards (eventually free) everytime you go to base? yes please.

Enotegdim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

How does Mercurial Scimitar's active work on champions like Jayce and Elise? Is it set to function off of their current stance?

Yoshiko

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosin Loads View Post
Right but thinking on a long term scale.. you get more back from the sight ward & it's about the same price.
You are right about 3 wards not being enough but... are you the only one warding? lol... nope... you all should be.
3 wards (eventually free) everytime you go to base? yes please.
mid to late game its mostly up to the support, and 3 still isn't enough. The most useful part of this item is just so when you and your team is setting up an initiate its useful to just drop vision on the enemy team, even if they kill the ward.

Heart of gold also allowed more flexibility in a build than the sight bag.

BellaFrozenheart

12-05-2012

I have a question: Isn't Wooglet's Hat the same as Zonya's Ring, which was Split into it's component Hourglass and Hat because of cries of 'OP' ? I'm sorry for being a stick in the mud about this, but it doesn't seem to bring anything new, same stats as hourglass with the hat's ap ratio increase...or did I seriously misread something somewhere?

DoctorVancouver

12-05-2012

I'm really digging the Preseason 3 updates. The new items and re-hashed older items seem to be really fun and unique.

My one and only issue is that you removed my Ionic Spark. I loved that thing, especially it's unique passive when it shocked nearby enemies every few seconds. I've seen that Statikk Shiv and Runaan's Hurricane have similar effects, but I don't think they will have that same feel that the Spark had in combat.

Again amazing work from you at Riot, keep up the good work.

Cheers,
DoctorVancouver

Livsie

12-05-2012

Madred's Bloodrazor Mysteriously Gone?

Now I don't know if anyone has posted this already, since I honestly did not feel like reading 200 pages.

But..

I was checking out the item list and thought "Hm this seems pretty good. Nice variety in the items." And then I checked ingame. I played Teemo (whom I always buy Madreds Bloodrazor on) and decided to rush it, but when I went to the shop to look for it... It was gone? It was actually completely gone.

Now the thing that I find odd, is that on the item page, the Bloodrazor IS NOT on the page.

I'd like to know if it's intentional to remove the Bloodrazor, or if it's simply a mistake, seeing as it isn't on the Preseason page?

Thank you.

Arnheim

12-05-2012

Why did you remove Soul Shroud?! ANd why did you remove the aura effect of Solaris?? I mostly play Soraka, and use to go Mobility-Shurelya-Heart of Gold-Solaris-Aegis, but now that HOG was removed my gold farming has come down to ambient gold (which is NOT the same) and hitting champs (like if that were easy with a slow-moving banana...). Now I would have to go with Kage's but it doesn't work! Besides Shurelya's and Solaris' nerf really bugged me, since CD was really important for me as well as nearby healling.

Atssar

12-05-2012

There is a problem with one of the charms of the boots (Enchantment: Furor), attacking with a skill not speed bonus granted me, just give me a basic attack when I do, I hope they fix this problem because in the description of the item says: -UNIQUE Passive - Furor: Whenever you deal damage with a single target spell or attack, you gain 12% movement speed bonus That decays over 2 seconds. Thanks for the space

Atte: Atssar (Argentina) NA

nydusrush

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureShadow View Post
1) Bulwark is the new big MR item, and MR got slightly nerfed across the board. It's the FoN replacement, effectively.

2) Health is much more accessible and easy to get now, especially for tanks. Health counters AP burst almost more than MR does, considering the penetration changes. Grab a mogs and a mallet and you should be completely fine.
That seems to be the direction of this update, but isn't that counterproductive to Riot's overall goal to make the game dynamic and interesting?

What I mean is that if MR is being relegated in favor of just building a massive health pool for every tank, then won't that lead to just as much stagnation as relying on MR too much? This brings up another difficulty I have with the FoN decision: if one of the reasons for its removal was that it was "weird" or had an "unusual combination of effects", wouldn't that be even more reason to keep it in the rotation?

I wouldn't have as much of a problem with the decision if AR items were also being hit (as least that would point to a consistent mentality with the update), but this just seems like tanks are being left with very few options against an AP team or even against one particularly fed AP carry beyond "build more health".

If MR is going to be nerfed, then wouldn't it make more sense from a balance perspective to also nerf AP ratios across the board? Or to make MPEN less effective instead of more?