Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taihl

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
[aws3]news/November_2012/2012_11_07_S3_Itemization_Preview/Xypherous_Top_of_Post.jpg[/aws3]

There arenít enough items to allow each champion to really feel like they have their own unique build. We also want to add more items that allow you to specialize for the particular game that youíre in. Weíre adding items to give players in each role alternate primary builds that fill out their teams better. If your carry needs to do more AoE damage, he has an option for that. If your primary AP caster needs additional CC capabilities, thereís an option for that, too.

We want players to have a degree of specialization in terms of playstyle, and to buy items that complement that playstyle rather than simply giving them the highest raw stats.

So looking at this wouldnt you actually be forcing champions selected for particular roles to itemize very specifically to that role. If there are AP CC items then a player using say Lux as a support would of course be fully expected to grab those items to add increased lane control. Or a player on Ryze would be expected to grab the item that will amplify his burst most effectively. Not entirely sure how or even if you can eliminate the min/maxing that will go on in competitive gaming. If that was the goal here. On a positive note however I do like the idea of more role-specific items. I just dont pretend that you can change the simple fact that top-tier players will always choose items based directly on how it preforms in a specific role thus an AD Caster like Ezreal will still always use Trinity Force, while a Raw AD Carry like Ashe will rush the IE.

HyperMarth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

CC item will be used in every tournament game, calling it.

Assuming it's something other than a slow.

Apoc da Beast

11-07-2012

like Haunting Guise, Spirit Visage?... or Cutlass and stinger with only one path?

and what will happen with the snowball items(Mejai's, Leviathan and Sowrd of the Occult?

Professor Maple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-07-2012

Do you have any items aimed at champions like AD Sion? Something that allows melee carries to be effective without having to essentially be assassins. If you do, could you discuss them a bit? If you don't, why not?

GalkaRDM

11-07-2012

Quote:

Specialization

There aren’t enough items to allow each champion to really feel like they have their own unique build. We also want to add more items that allow you to specialize for the particular game that you’re in. We’re adding items to give players in each role alternate primary builds that fill out their teams better. If your carry needs to do more AoE damage, he has an option for that. If your primary AP caster needs additional CC capabilities, there’s an option for that, too.

We want players to have a degree of specialization in terms of playstyle, and to buy items that complement that playstyle rather than simply giving them the highest raw stats.
My question on this topic is in regards to AP junglers; Morello hinted toward more item options for junglers other than madred's, but that isn't clear about whether items for junglers will remain primarily for AD champions, so will we be seeing any new items and options for those champions? Thanks!

Professor Maple

Recruiter

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMarth View Post
CC item will be used in every tournament game, calling it.
Rylais, built on every champion currently

Tejesh

11-07-2012

I'm super excited for this. Cannot wait to see all the new items and play with them.

ScottyRawr

11-07-2012

Bye FoN </3. I just learned all the items since I joined a few months ago, time to learn some more . I'm excited though!

BrazilShotGG

11-07-2012

Quote:
If your primary AP caster needs additional CC capabilities, thereís an option for that, too.
Are we going to see active items with CC?

NeurOnyx

11-07-2012

All I want are the lazy pricks who hurl a PD and a BT/IE onto any and every AD champ in the game to be forced to think a little. Nerf or rework something for god's sake.