Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SheriffV2

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagerronan View Post
There goes the fast tank.... I always loved FoN for making tanks faster, being able to get away and gank and stuff, now it's gonna be a bit harder.
Who bought FoN? To me it seemed like a useless niche item, that I'd only ever consider on Singed or Volibear, and only against an ap heavy team.

Fishing Boat

12-04-2012

@Xypherous: First, I want to say that I love all of the new changes, and the changes I don't quite love as much, I understand. I've got two questions about the new items though:
#1: Because spell vamp affects all spells, and life steal only affects autoattacks, how deeply have you considered adding vamp to an AD caster item? Or, is there already a solution that I've missed?
#2: I can appreciate the removal of Heart of Gold, but after looking at the preseason update site, I saw that Heart of Gold was still in the recipe for Lord Van Damm's Pillager. Is this a mistake, or is HoG still remaining in TT?
Thanks for answering everyone's questions!

Inokiulus

12-04-2012

I think it would be a good idea to post a side by side comparison on the website pertaining to the item changes (say when you select to view an item). It would make it easier to understand the changes that have actually been implemented. I have a good idea of a few changes, but there are many changes that a few summoners like myself may not be able to differentiate if they are not completely familiar with the previous version of the item (say for example: the Giant's Belt, which in Season 2 provided 430 health and is now reduced to 400 instead with the trade-off of the item being slightly less expensive). I think a side-by-side comparison would truly assist the player base in grasping the many changes that have been provided and thus may facilitate the transition for many users.

Noob Mike Heck

12-04-2012

Riot u messed up by making a stronger will of the ancients. since in a team there is ussally only 2 ap but only one is carry. also most of the time only that carry wants spell vamp. u make a stronger will with spirit of the spectral wraith.

=======Spirit of the Spectral Wraith===============Will of the Ancients
Cost==========2400=========================2500
Spell vamp=====20===========================20
AP===========40===========================80
Mana Reg=====10 per 5========================n/a
cooldown red===10============================n/a
Monster=======25% more damage================n/a

the mana reg and the main cooldown reduction out works the wota in every way unless u have cass and vald on the same team. also it the stronger mana reg they do not have to build outher mana items early game and does well with takeing jungler to heal up even faster. and clear it faster for mid lane.

ThunderDave

12-04-2012

Quote:
Phage
Attacks occasionally slows enemies.
First thing I noticed. Otherwise loving the new patch.

Fuzk

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheriffV2 View Post
Who bought FoN? To me it seemed like a useless niche item, that I'd only ever consider on Singed or Volibear, and only against an ap heavy team.
Mordekaiser, Shen, Mundo to name a few..

xxJonBenetxx

Recruiter

12-04-2012

I usually play support champs and typically used items that generate gold like Heart of Gold and Philosopher's Stone. Now I'm not sure how I can build items to be as efficient for gold production. How do all the changes to gold production affect the support role positively?

WornCorpse

12-04-2012

Why isn't Hydra allowed to proc for ranged? And then to make a quicksilver item that only benefits melee, not to mention that ranged slows are already worse than melee's. Why not let people spam Hydras on MF like before?

El Taquito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

im gonna miss f0n

Mich567

12-04-2012

So many items to learn... items like FoN (thanks guy above me), although I understand why you removed it... were awesome. Anyways, seems pretty cool... jungling item builds and gameplay are gonna be so different now.