Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Preseason Itemization Preview

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aggrothis

12-04-2012

Quote:
Inmund:
I think there has to be an item for AP champs as swain with a active ability to remove grievous wound from the champ or the Morello should say that is not applied to over-time damage, because just a basic atack from teemo while you are halftanking a teamfight conbined with ingnites would make you die or retreat. And if it is not a grievous wound remove, then a improvement for AP from the quicksilver even if it has a long cd, since AD champs have their quicksilver`s upgrade.

Wouldnt matter much though from that item. Executioners blade i believe it is = on basic attack to apply grievous wounds for 1.5 seconds. So any champ that is a healer will be negated. While it hurts swain, mundo and vlad for examples, it completely counters a soraka. There is nothing atm to counter grievous wounds and it would be nice if there is something as you mention. Though it only puts a band-aid on the problem since once you use it, you already have it back on the next half of a second. Having a 100% uptime against these champs = a very hard counter. Having a 100% uptime against a soraka = rage quit (sort of).

theWu

12-04-2012

im really disapointed in the removale of FoN its obvious you guys are going for a faster paced more dmg based game here. since i started playin in beta me and my friends have noticed an inability to build much MR. now u take away one of the better MR items without giving a good one to back it up. it would be nice if i could get health and MR with more than two items. it is very easy to put armor in many versitile builds but not so much so for magic resist. hope u will fix this one day but i doubt it. Riot seems to further and further unbalence this game in favor for DPS casters. what if i wanna tank.... oh sorry we dont allow that here unless its against an all ad team. as kevin sorbo would say... DISSAPOINTED!!!!!

Paid to Hurt

12-04-2012

I am very interested in the new item Mikeal's Cruicible. the unique active looks amazing for supports especially. However I don't like the other stats it offers. For most supports, as long as you build philosophers stone and have magic regen masteries, you will never have man problems after say lv 4. So the increased mana regen seems kind of worthless....since the majority of mana hungry champions are ap casters and not supports.

Any way to change the stats on this item to something more useful?

Chromium Sulfate

Recruiter

12-04-2012

"Riot just has something against me."

-Amumu

adanziocorerules

Recruiter

12-04-2012

New items just suck!

adanziocorerules

Recruiter

12-04-2012

Say good bye to tanks

HolisticJalapeno

12-04-2012

The monsters. They removed my favorite item. HOW COULD THEY? I will miss you, Force of Nature.
In all seriousness though, I think this is a step in the right direction.

CloudCarry

12-04-2012

please let statikk shyv retain the 2 gold avarice passive. i want to buy this item so much.

possibly as my first ad carry item in place of boots but i feel terrible about upgrading it with the avarice passive gone.

i don't really think you need boots if you can afford two dorans zeal and an avarice blade as ad carry you still have a slot for your bf and a long sword/vamp

maybe thats bad, but i want options damnit!@

P.S. I feel like greaves will still be a strong opening some heros.

Sagerronan

12-04-2012

There goes the fast tank.... I always loved FoN for making tanks faster, being able to get away and gank and stuff, now it's gonna be a bit harder.

SheriffV2

12-04-2012

Quote:
Sagerronan:
There goes the fast tank.... I always loved FoN for making tanks faster, being able to get away and gank and stuff, now it's gonna be a bit harder.

Who bought FoN? To me it seemed like a useless niche item, that I'd only ever consider on Singed or Volibear, and only against an ap heavy team.