Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EpicMadness

11-14-2012

Quote:
The Black Cleaver

+45 Attack Damage
+10% Cooldown Reduction
+10 Armor Penetration
Passive: Dealing physical damage to an enemy reduces their Armor by 5% for 6 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times on the same target.
its cutoff requires for the enemy to have 140armor (35shred + 10pent), consequence? its no longer squishy-shredder item.

i want the old black cleaver with 60armor deduction back t.t

Eytorik

11-14-2012

Make it a brutalizer and a BF and u got an item!!!

EpicMadness

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytorik View Post
Make it a brutalizer and a BF and u got an item!!!
nah, they shouldn't have touched black cleaver and done in LW instead.
flat -> flat is the most logic path imho.

brutalizer+shortsword -> last whisper = profit from both worlds, just add some cooldown reduction on LW and its a done deal.

Descyphal

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Most likely. That's a problem with those specific characters doing all physical damage and not a problem with the overall strategic decision-making as a whole, in my opinion.

There'll be some slight tuning on resistances (because resistances are a little bit too cheap in our game overall) - but Talon / Riven were made essentially assuming that armor-stack should hard-counter them.

Yes. There's a slight trade-off between optmizing MF's damage by buying Last Whisper or buying BC and shredding everyone for your team.

I would get BC on MF if I had some more physical damage characters on my team but they didn't have good ways of applying BC, like a Lee Sin/Kha'zix or something.

Kind of. Kha'Zix would be much better served building Last Whisper if he was simply murdering people by himself. 40% Armor Penetration > 25% Armor Shred.

Darius' bleed is magic. >_>
Darius bleed is physical scaling, but magic damage.

Pharcri

11-15-2012

sweet!

RAPMEX

11-15-2012

What about Lich Bane?

Pitufito Dell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggus Fishus View Post
Question: If Jarvan buys the new Black Cleaver and auto-attacks an enemy to proc his passive, does this apply two stacks of the BC armor shred or just one?
Twice, Xypherious already said that.

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

xypherous, why did athenes get nerfed by 30 ap?

bursty mages with long cooldowns cant stack a tear or achangels efficiently, and long range mages like lux, xerath and ziggs dont really want to build a dfg either with that short range active. even if the ap are increased to 100.

the small group of long range mages with long cooldowns doesnt really have a good strong ap option anymore with the athenes nerf. this sucks!

most of the item changes just seem to favour sustained damage casters who can spam their abilities nonstop : /

Mixell

11-18-2012

Excited for the update

Phrosn

11-22-2012

Hey Xypherous, I concerned that the new Black Cleaver will create another gap in itemization. Last whisperer and BC use to give consistent attack speed while effecting armor. Ghostblade doesn't fill that role well because its an active on a quite long cool down. So, going into Season 3 there will be no item to fill that niche to my knowledge.

I liked the old BC on some ad casters because it gave them a little attack speed and increased their spell power. AD casters are not auto - attackers, but those that scale well with ad also benefit from a little attack speed to take advantage of their high attack damage values.

Side note: Ionic Spark is not such a bad item. it can be alright and sometimes it can be even better than Wit's End. Removing Ionic spark removes the only other attractive AS item for bruisers. Are you planning on doing anything to address the poor itemization for attack speed based bruisers?