Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FraggingBard

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinroh View Post
How will tanks stay competitive?
I've seen Malphites with enough armour to tank Nexus turrets AND all five of the opposing team AND 3 minion waves. Or Volibears with Warmogs, Frozen Mallet, Sunfire Cape. They'd dive fountains for kicks. Say you can reduce 70% of their armour after Last Whisper, BC, plus a few ar pen items. 400 initial armour leaves 120 after all that. Which sure, is pretty low. But it's still more than your AP or AD carries. It doesn't look like you'll be able to reduce that much, maybe 55% in a normal situation? So 400 to 180. Still a large decrease, but it's not enough to break the game.

Probably not even enough to kill the armour stacking Malphite with the Thornmail, Frozen Heart, GA, Randuin's, Zhonya's, Ninja Tabi. 467 armour minus 55% should be something like 210.95 which gives a 67% damage reduction? Plus that 10% reduction for auto attacks from Ninja Tabi, the 40% bonus from Malphites ability, random multipliers/additives like Soraka's Infuse, Aegis, Taric's Shatter, Runes, Masteries, Base armour, etc.

A LoL game without armour tanking is wishful thinking. One game with Malphite/Soraka on the other team will soon convince you of that.

dwadwfr

11-10-2012

new black cleaver will bring Urgot back from the grave!!

Evolnemesis

11-10-2012

Kinda funny how they are putting flat/percentage resistance back to working the way it used to originally... I always thought it was better that way myself, and was kind of annoyed when they changed it in the first place.

cherubdash

11-10-2012

How bout an AD item that gives spell vamp? so for someone like Ezreal instead of the basic attacking lifesteal

Josh Gates

11-10-2012

I really feel that you guys should work on balancing the hero's more than finding new ways to add item creativity into the game. The item modifications should come second to making the game more overall balanced, and the most significant balance improvements will come from balancing hero's.

Kanzor

11-10-2012

I hope to finally see some AD-Caster items.

L33tT4rd

11-10-2012

At first I was apprehensive about S3. Then I was excited. Now I'm pissed again.

God dammit Riot, don't remove HoG or FoN. (Just read about them. There may be more things to be mad at D8<) ESPECIALLY HoG!!

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherubdash View Post
How bout an AD item that gives spell vamp? so for someone like Ezreal instead of the basic attacking lifesteal
I've seen people build Gunblade on Ezreal. Not the best use of an item slot, IMO but it works I guess, and it gives him a slow.

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33tT4rd View Post
At first I was apprehensive about S3. Then I was excited. Now I'm pissed again.

God dammit Riot, don't remove HoG or FoN. (Just read about them. There may be more things to be mad at D8<) ESPECIALLY HoG!!
Yes, taking out HoG will severely cripple all supports =/ I might have to switch to just playing solotop or something. Looks like bruisers and assassins are going to be Riot's favorite. No one's going to be able to protect the carrys anymore. My guess is that the new meta for season 3 = all 5 assassins.

Talamare

11-11-2012

What about Yorick, Would his ghost proc stacks