Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Preseason Itemization Preview

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Professor Maple

Recruiter

11-07-2012

Does the reevaluation of premiums aim to reduce the snowball factor in games?

Lint Wizard

11-07-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:
If you build Warden’s Mail in the mid game, you shouldn't feel compelled to buy Randuin's Omen every game.

Thank. Riot. Thank you. You already did this for the Heart of Gold, Kage's Lucky Pick, and Hexdrinker; now Warden's Mail and Haunting Guise - my two favorite remaining items without fun upgrades - will have something! Thank you so much.

The AD Caster love will also be great, but please don't hurt Tiamat. Tiamat is a great item, just nobody uses it. Heck, I don't even use it often but I earnestly believe that's more an issue with the present meta and the rest of the item shop than Tiamat itself. I swear Tiamat is balanced by not having enough space to fit it into 6 inventory slots; maybe if it had an end-game upgrade?

Edit: OK, Tiamat is hamstringed by the fact that you need four separate, uncombined items that people don't ordinarily buy to build it. If Faerie Charm and the Regen Beads combined into something first, it might be nice. Or just kill the beads altogether and make it the other regen item.

Housemate

11-07-2012

You said that we are going to have caster items that help give additional cc capabilities. What sorts of cc do you have in mind-slows or stuns? Or perhaps a silence? Also, will we there be multiple items with cc capabilities, and will they be available for other classes than just ap casters?

Sebesmos

11-07-2012

Quote:
Skades:
Any news on when the patch is suppose to be.

Word has it that it will be on the 12th due to some bugs still being worked out.

Godrïx

11-07-2012

New items could change the meta for season 3, but we will see in the coming days. MAKE HASTE, ONWARDS TO THE FIELDS OF JUSTICE.

Skyhawke

11-07-2012

He said he'll be coming in with more info guys

I like the sound of these changes Xyph! I've always thought itemization was a bit stale and I look forward to more specialization.

Will you be completely phasing out the mid/end game items that grant only stats (like Phantom Dancer) or just adding more options to choose from? While I like the idea of choices I wonder if they'll end up just being "false choices" if the same PD/IE/BT items remain the same.

Pallin Majere

11-07-2012

Is there anything planned to get people away from starting with boots/3pots? Since Doran's Blade was nerfed and stacking blades is still useful after your first B, I see it as a very hard problem to overcome. If you decide to nerf hp pots, then junglers will ultimately be affected as well. I feel this has also resulted because of the red buff's slow nerf which meant that with boots you could escape the jungler fairly easily as long as you brought boots.

Archonsblood

11-07-2012

I hope we see some more options for AD CDR and AD/SpVamp

Gunxlinger

11-07-2012

I thought the details post was going to have a bit more .... details :P

Systsoultaker

11-07-2012

I've been playing the remade twisted treeline and loving it so far. I have to say, after being able to buy the pillager on champions like pantheon in TT, I almost can't part with it going back to fives. What can you tell us about the new AD Caster items?