Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fíeryfury

11-08-2012

I'd like to see how this will work on the new champion? Sounds very geared for Zed

iueras

11-08-2012

So much for variation in ranged AD carry itemization. The only other viable build on Tristana than IE/PD/LW was BC/IE/YG or BC/IE/PD. The new BC is completely pointless on her. *Sigh* oh well back to cookie cutter IE/PD/LW on her I guess.

Nosidius

11-08-2012

I'm not sure if Moonflair is going to be addressed in this upcoming patch, but I don't think ive ever seen it used once since i hit level 30 almost a year-ish ago

JesterOfTheMoon

11-08-2012

wew blackcleaver stacking up to 6 times with garens spin? thats op, but the new black cleaver does seem interesting

KingDinger

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKila View Post
Woah woah woah. I heavily favored Black Cleaver over Last Whisper on certain AD carries that could apply stacks quickly, like Tristana and Ezreal. Because of the higher AD and attack speed, it outdamages LW at targets below 200 armor, and the attack speed scales amazingly anyways with your existing PD and IE. I even ran armor penetration marks to facilitate this synergy.

This option is now removed from my AD carry build, because without the attack speed and AD, LW will pretty much outperform every time. Is there going to be similar item that fulfills this role?

I understand that you wanted to remove or change some niche items, and this might be the reason why you opted to remake Black Cleaver as opposed to making a new item altogether, but I really don't think Black Cleaver needed that change. It really hurts to lose the option from my AD carry itemization.
ez can proc the new BC with his Q, so you can get a whole team debuffed before a fight even starts....trist has all magic damage so LW will be better for her.

but thats the point, LW SHOULD outperform for ADC and black cleaver should out perform for tanky DPS/ADcasters. its just that the attack speed was useless for AD casters so they went with LW, and ADC chose what to get....now it SHOULD be a clear winner going the ADC item LAST WHISPER.

TFeast55555

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Xypherous,

Can't wait to use new BC on solo top Trundle. Launch full combo and suddenly you have all the statz while they stand around with no armor/AD/MS and cry.

The Troll is back baby!

Sh1ngles

11-08-2012

Just curious if there will be any items that will grant you bonus AP based on your health such as the Atmas impaler. Just a cool idea for AP support/tanks

Trinity R

11-08-2012

I have a few concerns that your Nerf will affect massive early game harassment, I typically either rush a brutilizer or phage depending on the target, squishy or tanky (Respectivly) and mixed in with the runes i have I can get +36 Pen plus the 10% from masteries, This then allows me to wipe away their hp, and obviously make them recall more often then not.

Giving me the upper hand in lane via exp and cs.

So if you are lowering FLAT pen, your going to really be punishing those that have spent the massive amounts of IP for the runes, I mean now it is going to be alot harder, I would hope there is going to be a % Pen rune added and I will want my flat runes refunded so i could then purchase the % ones.

As this affects all my builds, I have sat for hours working out Flat pen is the best thing since sliced bread.

Because it kills people that stack armor and hurts even the casters that have no armor.

I saw in your comment before it was along the lines of, You have bought BC and LW (65%) pen, and they have only a mogs and regen.

Thats why I liked the old BC and Ghostblade, because together with runes you would have 85 Flat armor pen. And then you wouldn't have wasted your money buying those items.

I have seen some silly melee carries buy a last whisper when they are stacking MR and HP/Regen, (Because FON is just the second best item since slice bread XD ) and they feel stupid because 2.3k is so worth taking 40% off that base 60 armor they have, YAY!!!!!!

Please take this into Consideration, That your going to be messing with alot of builds, and in the end make tanks very OP regardless of the route they will choose, HP/armor/MR or hell all together!

Also, Why not fix Garens Ulti, while on the subject on him, looking at darius (Made a previous post on this) Why should a true damage Ult reset, while a magic Damage finisher that is also weaker (Unless they have 10% of their hp left.) have a long A$$ cooldown.... and its not like darius's he can actually deal a fair amount of dmg is they are full hp because it is True damage, where as garen, if they stack MR or have full hp it'll do next to nothing.

Also he been neglected, No visual revamp and his abilities are olddddddd

Inb4 TLR
inb4 QQ moar

Love you guys.

Trin OUT

Airfury

11-08-2012

Are there intended balance changes for AD Casters? Specifically ones with AoE Physical Damage skills and passive (Malph, Olaf, Garen, Darius, Panth, Wu notably)

From what you say, and what I see, they are extremely powerful CURRENTLY int he early game, and fall off hard. Having a good Panth on your team essentially wins laning phase for all your lanes with that ulti. Allowing these champs to scale into late game would leave them overpowered right?

Plus allowing a Spinning Garen to remove 25% of the opposing team's armor for your ADC with BC and then just building tanky... You say the downfall is they don't get as much AD but they don't really need it....

cerabrete2

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iueras View Post
So much for variation in ranged AD carry itemization. The only other viable build on Tristana than IE/PD/LW was BC/IE/YG or BC/IE/PD. The new BC is completely pointless on her. *Sigh* oh well back to cookie cutter IE/PD/LW on her I guess.
IE PD PD

or

DC DFG