Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vidaar

11-08-2012

Good and bad for BC

I love the new black cleaver and it certainly has a place. It will certainly add more than the usual ADC's job of farm till BF, and if you are behind it will help a lot with being able to do things in stages and build this. 2200+ elo games that I watch religiously are ending earlier and earlier because of early game advantage so more expandable lower tier items will help fight this

But the bad is that this is more than a remake, this is removing an item from the game. I took the old black cleaver for the attack speed and armor reduction over 3 shots, not 5. This makes it less efficient for ADC's to the point of being not viable. You can't ignore attack speed for that long as and adc, but even if you did decide to go with it the stacks would take too long to build.. as you dont have AS. It needed to stay at 3 to be useful but now that it triggers from ad mages abilites that would make it op for them..

Now you need a new item with attack speed and damage for adc's

Ethanblu

11-08-2012

Oh my Wukong is going to own now.

Darc Samus

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmani View Post
I was just wondering if something would be done for the haunting guise as was done for chalice. That would be really helpful as right now haunting guise in late game is pretty horrible.
On TT it makes the blackfire torch

SouIThief

11-08-2012

The changes to black cleaver are good, Though i'd like to learn more about the new items so i can study up b4 season 3.

Nutshell

11-08-2012

@Xypherous I'm having trouble understanding how much this will hurt tanks. I play malphite and i'm still having trouble laning against darius, and now with the black cleaver, he'll just counter me every time. Will there be an item like thornmail specifically for AD spells, or another way to mitigate the amount of damage taken from AD spells?

Additionally, wont this mean that darius can have 100% armor penetration with the passive on his E? 10% from masteries+40% last whisper+25% Black cleaver + 25% passive on E = 100% armor penetration. This cant be right...

Iridos

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CplTrueblade View Post
Black cleaver is (and probably always will be) unique. So no you can't get stacks from two separate cleavers, no matter who all buys one. However items like LW (also unique) only works for the person who buys it, so multiple people buying one still gets multiple uses.
The tooltip Xypherous quoted doesn't state that it's unique, and nothing has been stated explicitly, leaving the question open. I prefer not to assume.

PWNiasTACias

11-08-2012

And Darius just got even more OP

WolfenFangs

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutshell View Post
@Xypherous I'm having trouble understanding how much this will hurt tanks. I play malphite and i'm still having trouble laning against darius, and now with the black cleaver, he'll just counter me every time. Will there be an item like thornmail specifically for AD spells, or another way to mitigate the amount of damage taken from AD spells?

Additionally, wont this mean that darius can have 100% armor penetration with the passive on his E? 10% from masteries+40% last whisper+25% Black cleaver + 25% passive on E = 100% armor penetration. This cant be right...
No it won't, 25% reduced armor =/= 25% Armor Penetration.

Bocab

11-08-2012

Quote:
Its not, BC reduces armor so it affects everyone's interactions with it, not just yours. This goes first. If someone has 100 armor then it gets reduced to 75 by BC, the other effects all come individually so its (((75 x .9) x .60) x .75) and you end up with 30.375 armor, not 0. I hope this helped.

Taruzen

11-08-2012

nice