Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omega Cloud

11-08-2012

And this is when Xin Zhao comes into play

RaptorRoy

11-08-2012

New Black Cleaver gonna be ridiculous on Urgot.

Matuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

The real problem for AD casters isn't the damage they deal, but their complete and utter lack of sustain. AP casters tend to have spells that don't deplete their mana pool quickly, and sometimes even have mechanics that allow them to gain mana back without too much effort, as well as AP-heavy items that offer mana regen. Manamune is a step in the right direction, but it's the ONLY step, and it's not a good solution for many AD casters simply because it doesn't offer enough damage.

Will we get other AD + mana/mana regen options? Jayce has his own built-in mana sustain, but Pantheon, Talon, etc are forced to get caster items or manamune.

Also, if you don't buff Ghostblade or reduce the cost, nobody will ever get it. The amount of stats increase over the original Brutalizer is so miniscule, relative to what you gain, that it isn't really worth getting in competitive play. It's often more cost effective to sell the Brutalizer and instead get an item with better stats.
Of course, with the change you specifically mentioned here, it's more likely that it'll just automatically be upgraded into a Black Cleaver - every time.

Ahrazal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

I have a question, what happens to Darius?
His E reduces 25% of armor. That means that now with The Black Cleaver and Last Whisper He gonna ignore (90% - 10) of armor?
This is virtually 100% because any champ can be over 1k armor

Sry for the mistakes. xD

Imlearningtoplay

11-08-2012

GJ instead of nerfing this armor penetration you guys buffed armor penetration.
adc will now shut down every ****ing amount of armor.
GJ really GJ.

Purgation

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Based on how it's coded, probably not at the moment - if I think about it. Tiamat has always had kind of odd interactions with stuff like this for a long time.

I'll make a note to look into that specific code interaction as Tiamat is weeird. Did you know Tiamat can splash magic damage *if* the autoattack is 100% magic? Tiamat is weeeird.
Recently played in a game where a Teemo troll stacked 5 Tiamats. It was surprisingly effective...

Jeanpaul II

11-08-2012

are we gonna see a fix to the most unpopular item in the games history....the Tiamat?

KaiFleur

11-08-2012

When's the patch being released? I want that Lulu skin :B

RaptorRoy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahrazal View Post
I have a question, what happens to Darius?
His E reduces 25% of armor. That means that now with The Black Cleaver and Last Whisper He gonna ignore (90% - 10) of armor?
This is virtually 100% because any champ can be over 1k armor

Sry for the mistakes. xD
His e doesn't reduce armor, it gives armor penetration, two very different things.

Alador Isithir

11-08-2012

I love the fact of items to fit you gameplay style...theres so much "you dont do that ****" or "you building it wrong" junk...i think this will not only improve game-play but overall enjoyment of the game!