Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invisibleally

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

I'm sure my Urgot will be happier now, but- Cripes!- Armor pen seems awfully strong already to me. I am worried that the game is going to be adjusted to be geared even more toward offense than it already is.

Any word on better starting items for jungling or any boosts to health regeneration items?

BlazingArchAngel

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavl View Post
can we expect new warding and cdr items?
It was stated in another post about support getting more late game warding item help. I'm going to assume we get another lanturn tha topposes the wriggles lanturn. Something that give bonus Mana regen, maybe magic resist, and a free ward.

XFearHonorX

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeGerman View Post
The problem with black cleaver right now is that noone uses it because it is not good. in terms of gold cost there are more efficient attack speed damage and armor negation items. So reworking this from an ad carry item to an ad caster item actually gives it a place in the game.
Like what items? The current black cleaver is good, all im trying to say is it just seems the attack speed bonus in items is disappearing for auto attackers while the champs like darius that dont need AS bonus are getting a huge buff...

P00bah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

A few thoughts based on skimming this thread:

-Why on earth would you possibly do anything that would buff Garen, even if it's kinda sorta indirectly?

-Renekton isn't gonna become unstoppable and why would anyone ever be worried; he's my favourite champion in this game because of what he used to be but he's currently pretty awful, I dunno why anyone would think about, let alone post about him.

-Riven is a crazy strong champion who can ruin your day in top lane from minute one, it's not like getting harassed till you can afford a chain vest (or a chain vest and cloth armour if you were a silly billy and built boots pots first) to trade evenly with her means that it's the end of the world for Riven. And Talon is a silly champion anyway.

-Seriously, what Xypherous is saying about assassins: you aren't supposed to be able to murder a whole team with impunity. If you wanna do that then go smurf on talon free weeks.

-Many casters are gonna buy a chain vest at some point anyway 'cause Zonyas.

Dreamcleaver

11-08-2012

Will there be an AP item equivalent of the new BC?
An item that shreds % mag rez whenever the target takes magic damage.

Teemo, Fizz, Cass, Oriana etc would love it. Heck, perhaps even Singed.

PsychoSephic

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeuss1990 View Post
EDIT #2: OH MY GOD. Dat new Black Cleaver. BARE MY CHILDREN?
hahaha, you shoulda seen it in beta, talking 50+ armor reduction PER champ on your team that had one

Mezandria

11-08-2012

Are you going to apply the same process to magic penetration, where the percentage magic penetration would apply BEFORE the flat pen?

Dx209

11-08-2012

Flat Penetration is calculated AFTER % Penetration

this would mean given the 120 - 50% - 20 formula you would have to do it like this.

120 - (50%) = 60
60 - 20 = 40

only in regards to how you worded it. the way it is worded is that % penetration is applied first given that flat is clac'd after.

Nozgo

11-08-2012

While this move makes sense for some of the ad champs that need a boost, others will just spec too greatly with it IMO(Darius for example). All I am hoping is that an item to help compensate the tanks might help keep kill counts from going through the roof. Its hard enough for a tank to survive in team fights for long. Please don't turn my Mao into a mage. There has to be a way to make an armor item that is more appealing to tanks and less appealing (maybe acutally take away from AD?) to assasins/carries.
PS- For the love of god can we have a thorns that works against AP dmg?!

Food4Thought

11-08-2012

YES
YESSS
YESSSSSSS

The croc is back and is going to STAY