Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Preseason Itemization Preview

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ozora2

11-07-2012

Well there be something the Stinger can go into besides just Nashors Tooth.

Lutcikaur

11-07-2012

Quote:
Biggus Fishus:
Question: If Jarvan buys the new Black Cleaver and auto-attacks an enemy to proc his passive, does this apply two stacks of the BC armor shred or just one?

it should be one. (Unless their 'new' damage text just wrangles all physical damage together)
ex: you hit for 120(autoattack+passive) then 80 80 80 80 120(passive) 80 80

Astaare

11-07-2012

Quote:
Sumon818:
Quick question. The's going to be Quiet Expensive! 1337 for Brutalizer, + a B.F Sword 1650 = 2987, + The price for building into TBC. I'd rather get a Last Whisper.

BF sword isn't going to be part of the recipe (since new black cleaver gives the same ad as a BFS but also has brut in it, you would be losing ad by combining them if that was the recipe) it'll probably build from brutalizer and pickaxe.

Darkwahn

11-07-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:
Buckshot does indeed fire 3 bullets that can proc Black Cleaver 3 times. Graves is an AD Caster.

No, Graves is a broken, terribly designed AD carry.

Also, Darius will be doing true damage with his everything now. Isnt that cool? I'm hoping that he gets adjusted for these changes, because it's hard enough to protect my team mates from him as it is.

Quote:
chaffymigs:
sounds to me like op garen is going to be even more op.

as for the armour pen system thats really going to help on my riven and wukong play

and i cant wait for these patch's to go threw

Garen is only OP if you're awful.

Super Explosion

11-07-2012

While I like that brutalizer can build into another item now--

I'm uncertain if making armorpen more accessible will allow AD assassins to be more useful in the laning phase.

How does Talon deal with a Garen or Udyr or Olaf who can just easily build health and armor, whereas Talon must pump gold into AD to attain reasonable damage.

Without other changes, this one variance doesn't seem like it will alter the current situation much.

Aside from armorpen being more intuitive and perhaps easier to deploy; however the cost versus benefit needs to be looked at, especially in earlygame laning:

Defensive items plus base damage is a reasonably easier low risk lane domination strategy.

nerdydino

11-07-2012

no unique passive on black cleaver??? get over 100% armor pen for days

Vayneling

11-07-2012

then Draven's passive and Talon's Q will destroy enemy's armor with BC?

Not Grammardor

11-07-2012

Unsure if this was said already, but... Draven passive.
That would apply Black Cleaver 5 times with one spinning axe, correct?
(One for the base attack damage + bonus damage from active q, 4 for the health tic per second)

BlackEminem

11-07-2012

So if flat armor pen is now calculated AFTER the % pen, and it was problematic to have it calculated BEFORE, then wouldn't the armor shredding affect have the same problem? The % Pen will still go into affect after the shredding so its the exact same issue with the current flat armor pen.

Spitƒire

11-07-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:
-quoted OP-

Question:

If I recall correctly, getting someone's Armor or Magic Resist below zero would increase the damage you deal to them. Would this still happen?

The reason I ask is since the flat reduction is now the final calculation, it will make shredding low armor targets below zero, dealing more damage than possibly intended.

Example:

(random numbers)
Target has 50 armor, with the attacker having 50% Reduction and a flat reduction of 40. The base of 50 would be shredded to 25 then the flat would kick in, giving the target a new value of -15 Armor.

Assuming the attacker had 100 Attack Damage, they are now dealing more than that since the target has a negative value.