Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Fizznity

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
You realize that Talon isn't the only AD Caster right? And even if it were the case - Assassins have no right being able to murder everyone they please at a moment's notice with impunity?

You're an assassin that takes out high priority targets. You *don't* just get to murder everyone in the game without tradeoffs.
This is fine, but to tell us that you're making an AD caster item then tell us "well its not actually good on pure AD casters most of the time" is pretty confusing.

Steven Mcburn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Tiamat does a % of flat physical damage to anyone standing around a target, doesn't matter what their armor is.

If you do a 500 damage gp Q with 100% splash from tiamat (you can't get 100%, it'll be more, but I don't want to bust out a calculator)

And hit 2 people:
One trist with 20% armor
One malph with 80% armor

If you hit the trist and it splashes to the malph, it deals 400 damage to both.
If you hit the malph and it splashes to the trist, it deals 100 damage to both.

Hope that makes sense.

xKHORNExLORD420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Sorc Shoes / Haunting Guise both took a flat pen hit, by balanced out by the fact that they work better with your 10% pen from masteries - it doesn't really equate to a lot of damage difference.
Why do you guys hate Mordekaiser so much? This sounds a little nerfey and considering the fact that whenever any item is deemed to be good on morde it gets immediately nerfed, including soul shroud of all things, this just seems like another way for riot to continue doing bad things to the Master of Metal.

TSM Wika Wika Wa

11-07-2012

Quick question. The's going to be Quiet Expensive! 1337 for Brutalizer, + a B.F Sword 1650 = 2987, + The price for building into TBC. I'd rather get a Last Whisper.

Anjinsama

11-07-2012

One of the things I enjoy most about League of Legends is that you can customize a champ to play to your specific style using runes and masteries. The fact that you guys are making these changes giving a further in depth way to change the mechanics of each champ to best suit your style makes me happy, so very happy. Thank you Riot.

Aya Shameimaru

11-07-2012

Garen seems kinda OP with a black cleaver... once in his spin range it's hard to get out without a flash or a dash, and with a speed up to close the distance as an initiate I'm seeing problems balacing Garen.

Zoh

11-07-2012

I have always wondered why the magic damage done by on hit items (Malady,Wit's End, etc) doesnt interact with Spell Vamp. I wanted to know if this will be changed and if these items magic damage are going to be affected by magic penetration (tbh i dont know if currently they are affected by magic pen)

Jimyd

11-07-2012

And you thought 2x Doran Blades/Infinity Edge/Brutalizer Garen was bad enough. Swap IEdge for Black Cleaver and call it GG.

Add GA and wait for the enemy to surrender.

Goodwyck

11-07-2012

Will the new black cleaver proc off of the damage done by pets?

Tamotsu Kita

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiberiusAudley View Post
So... the big question.

Have you considered the repercussions of this item on Ashe?

Chalice+Brutalizer Ashe was an old Ashe build that fell to the wayside after the Penetration changes and eventually champions outclassing her at poking...

But Brutalizer has always been an excellent item on Ashe whenever she's had the mana regeneration to continue to sustain her poking.

And now that Brutalizer will be building into Black Cleaver, an item that, with Volley, will make her sustained poking even BETTER (and remember, she still has excellent disengage with Volley kiting, plus Arrow... and generally has a disengage support like Janna or Sona to make it even better)...

Ashe in a Poke Comp with 2.4s Volley (CDR Boots + Black Cleaver) is going to be really, REALLY painful to deal with, and might warrant some preemptive looking into before this change goes live.
You know i agree with you. I love playing as Ashe VERY much so but this is going to create a very interesting change of balance between her and other Champions.