Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeeroyHeraldo

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Renekton's 'E' lasts 4 seconds. He typically can't kill you within that time.

However, you should probably run away if Renekton is partnered with like.. a carry - because yeah, the two of them working in concert will destroy your armor and then murder you.
This I think will be the biggest change if people can start to visualize it. I'm going to call it "Murder Peeling." Before the best way to peel from your carry was to cc the individual, but now I'm going to shred your armor so that my carry can just cut you down. Annoying Amummus, Udyr's, Shyvana's, or anybody that builds armor and can be obnoxious. I think I just found my new build on Riven, thank's Xypherous!

Dantide

11-07-2012

hmmmm The new item will make tank fail.

Ayketh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Does this mean Eve gets a slight buff after the pretty serious DFG nerf?

MizzPeach

11-07-2012

Can you give any hints of what might happen to frozen heart in these patches?

Malkis

11-07-2012

Part of the problem is not that it does not help. My concern is providing a lot of %reduction for AD and little for Magic. There are champions with penetration and reduction that is flat. This can empower them.

Olaf and Darius are concerns because of this.

As such, will there be empowering of Thornmail in any form?

Wouldn't champions such as Riven gain more from abilities gaining penetration effects rather than group it all to "armor/mr", "flat/%", "pene/reduc"? In other words, instead of giving reworking reductions for armor and mr, maybe provide a new item(s) that give abilities penetration only. Rather like the interesting effects of Thornmail and Ninja Tabi, perhaps a better solution that does not merge itself to the 'carry' issue would allow champions like Riven to gain penetration effects on their abilities alone without affecting their auto-attacks. Strange? Yes, but it would also prevent the problem of strengthening the auto-attacks. Another version of the Void Staff but only affects physical damaging abilities and not auto-attacks? Maybe 3 versions then, one for auto-attacks, one for physical damaging abilities, and one for magic damage?

Irelia Bot

11-07-2012

It would seem that Timat + BC will be a rather effective item duo in season three assuming that nothing is changed on Timat and the passive from BC is applied from every form of physical damage including splash damage.

Solid Rook

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Love it.

johnny boy24

11-07-2012

Well time to bring garen back with all that atk damage and atk speed garen could get a penta easy......
WELL TO ALL SUMMONERS BEWARE GAREN WILL GET YOU...!!!

Tyrfang

11-07-2012

I really really want to know if each tic of Draven's passive applies this...

Nogarde

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukiner View Post
so since Talon have 3 skills that scale with AD it will be worth building on him The Black Cleaver?

Q - 1 armor shred
W - 2 armor shred (since it hits two times)
E - 0 armor shred (jump without any dmg)
R - 2 armor shread (it hits two times

So Talon combo before his ult: W->E->AA->Q will make 4 stacks of shred? AND THEN BOOM ult and 5 shred?

if yes then IMA HAPPY
no more cloth armor/chain vest stacking vs Talon ^^
based on what Xypherous has said Q technically shreds 4 times (once on the initial hit and 3 times from the bleed DoT since it is physical damage as well.)