Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Preseason Itemization Preview

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TiberiusAudley

Adjudicator

11-07-2012

So... the big question.

Have you considered the repercussions of this item on Ashe?

Chalice+Brutalizer Ashe was an old Ashe build that fell to the wayside after the Penetration changes and eventually champions outclassing her at poking...

But Brutalizer has always been an excellent item on Ashe whenever she's had the mana regeneration to continue to sustain her poking.

And now that Brutalizer will be building into Black Cleaver, an item that, with Volley, will make her sustained poking even BETTER (and remember, she still has excellent disengage with Volley kiting, plus Arrow... and generally has a disengage support like Janna or Sona to make it even better)...

Ashe in a Poke Comp with 2.4s Volley (CDR Boots + Black Cleaver) is going to be really, REALLY painful to deal with, and might warrant some preemptive looking into before this change goes live.

DragonsEyeG

11-07-2012

OMG stop changing things... this is sooo dumb,...

Killerelf03

11-07-2012

Would honestly love an item like Maw Of Malmortius for AP's

IIIKnivesIII

11-07-2012

Xypherous:

With the changes to the order that %pen is applied, what will happen to characters such as Rammus and Galeo who's kits revolve around high Armor/MR to be effective?

Godunderscor

11-07-2012

Xypherous, you keep implying that Black Cleaver's effect lasts well past the initial poke.

What kind of effect duration are we looking at here?

Micromann

11-07-2012

Quote:
IIIKnivesIII:
Xypherous:

With the changes to the order that %pen is applied, what will happen to characters such as Rammus and Galeo who's kits revolve around high Armor/MR to be effective?

Good question. This update seems (at least to me) as though it'll push them completely out of the meta, unless they both get reworks.

+1'd.

Rooster91

11-07-2012

True damage!
Okay question, it says "dealing physical damage" will cause Black Cleaver's passive to occur. But how about true damage? I mean technically true damage, physical damage, and magic damage are all seperate. And for example Olaf's E does only true damage, will that proc the passive though?

Astaare

11-07-2012

Quote:
Godunderscor:
Xypherous, you keep implying that Black Cleaver's effect lasts well past the initial poke.

What kind of effect duration are we looking at here?

6 seconds. Learn to read please.

Goliam

11-07-2012

I'm sure its been said already, but will the new % before flat also be carried over to Magic Resist reduction/flat magic pen? I really want to build voidstaff more, and havent due to the flat before % that we currently have.
Great idea though, I love math that works in my favour.
Keep up the awesomeness.

LeeroyHeraldo

11-07-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:
Renekton's 'E' lasts 4 seconds. He typically can't kill you within that time.

However, you should probably run away if Renekton is partnered with like.. a carry - because yeah, the two of them working in concert will destroy your armor and then murder you.

This I think will be the biggest change if people can start to visualize it. I'm going to call it "Murder Peeling." Before the best way to peel from your carry was to cc the individual, but now I'm going to shred your armor so that my carry can just cut you down. Annoying Amummus, Udyr's, Shyvana's, or anybody that builds armor and can be obnoxious. I think I just found my new build on Riven, thank's Xypherous!