Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ersatz Elegy

11-07-2012

Hey Xyph,

As for the new itemizations, I won't pretend to understand the math. I think it looks interesting, and I look forward to trying a few new builds.

As someone who doesn't really play a lot competitively, I had a question about Tenacity items. It seems that the only Tenacity item I see built is Mercury's Treads, simply because it grants the largest amount of CC reduction. Are there any other plans to increase the popularity of other Tenacity items?

IrrationalNoob

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggus Fishus View Post
Question: If Jarvan buys the new Black Cleaver and auto-attacks an enemy to proc his passive, does this apply two stacks of the BC armor shred or just one?
I would like to know this too.

I am also really curious about Talon. (Bleed, how many stacks?, Mercy procs twice?, rake procs twice? Ult procs twice?)

I would also like to know if shaco clone auto attacks proc it.

I am also curious of malzahar voidlings ( I assume no).

Also I am VERY curious about Draven's passive that applies a physical dot. Draven with black cleaver throws a spinning axe auto attack at the target. How many stacks do they get?

Cagonaso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Just a side note: this is why Riot is my favorite videogame company. You guys are open and clear with the community and are willing to discuss anything. I wish you much more success in the years to come. Please never change this.

Liking the new stuff btw.

Slickity808

11-07-2012

FREAKIN AWESOMENESS ! Thanks for the heads up and the updates

velvetfox

11-07-2012

My biggest hope for the itemization in season 3 is to have great appeal for the hybrid items. One of my favorite items is Malady but its biggest flaw is no build path beyond it. What are your plans for hybrid items in season 3?

Tyrfang

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrrationalNoob View Post
I would like to know this too.

I am also really curious about Talon. (Bleed, how many stacks?, Mercy procs twice?, rake procs twice? Ult procs twice?)

I would also like to know if shaco clone auto attacks proc it.

I am also curious of malzahar voidlings ( I assume no).
Jarvans passive does magic damage...

Shaco clone should, since it already applies black cleaver.

I'm more curious about Draven's passive.

Also, Graves' Buckshot.

Katatta Fish

11-07-2012

how about instead of balencing items you balence some champions?

IrrationalNoob

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrfang View Post
Jarvans passive does magic damage...

Shaco clone should, since it already applies black cleaver.

I'm more curious about Draven's passive.

Also, Graves' Buckshot.
Jarvan's passive was changed.....

DartOwnerWes

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0chá0s View Post
My question is about more late game items, some games tend to get to a point where people have full builds and nothing to do with all the gold they're earning, thus resulting in a stand off and whoever wins next team fight auto-wins. Are you going to implement any "Tier 4" items to maybe turn the tide of battle at such a late game point if it's at said stand still?
I agree. I'd like to see some "Tier 4" consumables, maybe that can mimic certain ultimates on a one time use basis.
Making these into consumables would make the game more exciting without becoming too unbalanced and use up some excess gold (1500-2000).
- Zilliean's resurrection
- Singed's massive health and mana regen, etc.
- Shen's shielded teleport
- Janna's healing wind
However, I think we would need to add an "elite" consumable slot since these are intended for late game. I don't think we would want them to last for 3-5 minutes.
If they still used an item slot, they would need to be cheaper to compensate.

Nerun Kynor

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Let’s look at an enemy with 400 Armor. Black Cleaver will reduce their armor by 25%, leaving them with 300. Last Whisper will allow you to ignore 40% of the remaining 300 armor, which means their effective armor against you will now be 180.

-Xypherous
Stack thornmails, **** the police.