Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KAISER OV SVAUG

11-07-2012

I'm not gonna lie, I seriously love you guys at riot, you always explain the reasons behind every decision to us and actually talk to your player base. Also i love your jump to riot post function on the forums, so useful. Keep doing what you guys do, can't wait to see the new changes implemented, they seem very intriguing

junj

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Percentage penetration is too strong now, it stacks with the your runes, so now I am an ADC with 31 Armor Pen from runes and masteries with also 46% penetration if i get last whisper + masteries.

New formula
tank has 100 armor after % reduction he has 54 armor - 31 = 23. reduced armor by 77 under new formula.

Old Formula 100 armor - 31 = 69 *.54 = 37 armor. armor is reduced by 63 in old formula.

Need to reduce percentage penetration on last whisper and void staff to compensate for the new formula changes even the new black cleaver i feel it's a little too op.

Alexx88

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

1. Flat Armor Penetration and % Armor Penetration values are generally being lowered, but now Flat Penetration is calculated AFTER % Penetration

Last Whisper grants you % Armor Penetration while Black Cleaver reduces the opponentís armor.

Letís look at an enemy with 400 Armor. Black Cleaver will reduce their armor by 25%, leaving them with 300. Last Whisper will allow you to ignore 40% of the remaining 300 armor, which means their effective armor against you will now be 180.

-Xypherous
Something here don't make sense for me.

First of all, you are telling us that Flat Penetrarion now is going to be calculated after % Penetration... but then you compare Last Whisper with Black Cleaver and did the Flat Penetration FIRST and then the % Penetration of Last Whisper.

Second, if you will do that change, then Last Whisper will be much more viable than Black Cleaver, because it will grant 40% Armor Penetration before the flat penetration of Black Cleaver... 40% !!!!!!!

Third: You put that Black Cleaver have +10 armor pen + 5% stacked up to 5 times... so it would be 25% armor reduce + 10 armor reduce.,, that means the enemy with 400 armor would have 300 armor because of 25% armor reduce, and then 290 armor because of the +10 armor pen. No?

Can someone explain this? Please.

Regards

craqu3lin

11-07-2012

i can see myself trololol with that new black cleaver lol

Tharlles

11-07-2012

Quote:

What about Last Whisper? How does this work with Last Whisper?

Last Whisper grants you % Armor Penetration while Black Cleaver reduces the opponentís armor.

Letís look at an enemy with 400 Armor. Black Cleaver will reduce their armor by 25%, leaving them with 300. Last Whisper will allow you to ignore 40% of the remaining 300 armor, which means their effective armor against you will now be 180.
-Xypherous
so, byebye for tanks, and armor fighters?
rammus... malphite... and some others armor based fighters will just be erased? or they will gain some sexy defensive options too?
how about rework the leviatan? its a 100% useless equip right now, but if reworked...

Djacoballa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

nerf irelia

Mattnumbers

11-07-2012

Can we actually get the details of a new item or two Xyph?

Shampu

11-07-2012

Xypherous is a beast

CloudCarry

11-07-2012

Quote:
Most likely. That's a problem with those specific characters doing all physical damage and not a problem with the overall strategic decision-making as a whole, in my opinion.

There'll be some slight tuning on resistances (because resistances are a little bit too cheap in our game overall) - but Talon / Riven were made essentially assuming that armor-stack should hard-counter them.

Yes. There's a slight trade-off between optmizing MF's damage by buying Last Whisper or buying BC and shredding everyone for your team.

I would get BC on MF if I had some more physical damage characters on my team but they didn't have good ways of applying BC, like a Lee Sin/Kha'zix or something.

Kind of. Kha'Zix would be much better served building Last Whisper if he was simply murdering people by himself. 40% Armor Penetration > 25% Armor Shred.

Darius' bleed is magic. >_>
draven has a physical damage dot though..

and for khazix im not too sure that the brutalizer isn't better for the cdr. you can build lw and i will build BC and another brutalizer

awescool

11-07-2012

hey is there a new patch comming up