Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dansh

11-07-2012

o/ yeAAAH Come to me Season 3!

So When is it going to be release?

hey what the fuc

11-07-2012

Are you adjusting health at all? I just feel like currently with how efficient defensive items are the game is tilting towards bruisers again because they can get 10k+ effective hp by the 30 minute mark.

DJANGO UNCHAINED

11-07-2012

Specific Example: Did you guys make Tiamat into a better item or remove it?

Is Shotgun Gangplank still going to doable? =D

Grand Eleven

11-07-2012

So basically an end game recipe item may have it's cost inflated over another if those bonuses come too early in the upgrade chain?

AKA there is a monetary advantage to delaying purchases in some cases, which may make snowballing a bigger problem.

Example:

AD carry sqeezes out a win and double kills the bot lane thanks to the help from his tank. Now he not only has a gold advantage, but he should return with a level advantage for the kills as well. He doesn't _have_ to return with better gear ... he DID just outplay his lane opponents and is probably returning with a level advantage. Now his opponents _must_ buy gear up front as they are at a level disadvantage now, and need gear to close that gap.

So this seems at the surface that snowballing ISN'T as big of a deal as it was in S2 as you now have a reason to NOT elect to upgrade right away to make your end game (or mid game) more powerful (more bang for your buck by buying on raw stats vs incremental stats during upgrade process). But then that time comes and the AD carry or bruiser top or whatever finally dumps his cash into a extremely efficient and powerful build that wasn't an option for the team playing catch-up ...

So the snowball problem remains: the winning lanning side will snowball in gear cost efficiency multiplied by having more money from winning lane phase. The ramp up will merely be more dramatic. The losing laning side will think they are barely hanging in there until boom: uber gear is bought that outclasses anything they can even upgrade to ... and they got lots of it because they were ahead in gold anyway.

Basically the team behind in laning phase will have to catch up in the same laning phase ... if they wait to team-fight it may be too late ... the chars with strong lanes where able to invest in more efficient recipes cost wise and stat per stat have better gear.

Basically if i counter-gear because I'm losing I better be able to directly turn that into immediate kills ... not just survival, because if i don't it will be more expensive for me to be viable in mid game than my opponent. This could kill counter gearing and ironically alienate more items rather than fewer..

LtEarthworm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budclaw View Post
This is good, very good.
When you said about Warden's mail and feeling compelled to buy Randuin's Omen, Glacial Shroud also came to mind. Will glacial shroud have more options as opposed to just Frozen Heart?
Well, if Frozen Heart weren't such an amazing item I might agree with you

I kid. More item choices are always better. I feel the same way about Cutlass. I'd like to build it on more champions but it only builds into a hybrid item. Having something else build from Glacial Shroud would be cool. I wouldn't mind more ways to build CDR.

Steven Segal

11-07-2012

will heimerdinger ever get his update?

Noric

11-07-2012

Morello says people will be doing more detailed posts... near as vague. The stuff with onhit and FoN yesterday told us more.

brixor

11-07-2012

Really want to know if you're going to diverse items for the junglers, I mean something different from madred's would be nice, I'm saying that because there are a lot of of different jungler styles ( no cost, energy, mana).

KalaVedaks

11-07-2012

Xypherous

will there ever be a game mode that full builds will be easy to reach and kills will be even more common then they are now ? a game mode where you get full build and actually get to play with it instead of the loss/win/surrender that happens late game

i may stand out as a weird request but
i hate getting to late game or starting a great late game build only to be shut down by a win or a surrender

Lazreal

11-07-2012

any upgrades for spirit visage?

and what items from the new TT will we see in rift for season 3?