Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenjix View Post
Unfortunately the description isn't accurate. You can try it easily. Shadow Assault and use Cutthroat on an enemy outside of the blade-circle. Since Talon jumps behind a target with Cutthroat he would hit the enemy with 8 blades which would deal 2160 physical damage without items. But unfortunately it's not op and deals 270 only once.
pretty sloppy description then

Dawn of Oblivion

11-07-2012

First I do have to applaud you Xypherous, I read through all of your posts, and you spent a lot of that time repeating your original post to answer questions, and patience is a virtue that must be acknowledged in this community.

Second, you don't specifically mention in the description that the New BC is whether any of the passives' are unique?

Third, if it is unique within BC itself, are they unique with Brutalizer as well? For example, if I stack two Brutalizers all I am getting is a bonus 25 atk damage on the second one, however with this revamped BC, can I stack BC with a Brutalizer and get full benefits from both. If that were a case it would give Riven (not to a** kiss, but easily my favorite champion), a way to counter a heavy armor team, and is in fact not over-powered since BC isnt built with a BF Sword anymore (only 45 total AD) and you have to sacrifice getting an early BT/hard amount of AD which is necessary for Mid-Game Dominance.

Fourth, any chance of Haunting Guise building into a new item too? O.o (all Rumble players will love you forever)

CurrYOverloaD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Looks goo

Nomadenforcer

11-07-2012

Xypherous, I am a bit late to the party, but I wonder if you might take the time to answer a more general question.

In the original post you said:

Quote:
There arenít enough items to allow each champion to really feel like they have their own unique build...We want players to have a degree of specialization in terms of playstyle, and to buy items that complement that playstyle rather than simply giving them the highest raw stats
First, I assume that when you say "unique build" you mean acceptable/semi-optimal unique build because as it stands there are huge number of combinations available to players if they randomly select items (as a bad example).

Now, as a player, especially on certain characters you really want one stat (lets use Cooldown Reduction[Herein:CDR]). But, as it stands you are restricted by the CDR Cap and efficiency to essentially one build.

So, have you looked at adjusting stat caps (I saw you are changing how armor pen works)?

Specifically, lowering stat caps and providing items of equal power-level, but different supplemental stats would allow specialization by forcing a choice (one or the other option to achieve max val on whatever Stat). Or alternatively, you can raise the stat caps in order to allow for unique builds through previously irrelevant stacking.

Black and Yellow

11-07-2012

aah ahhh thank you for the penetration, I always plays adc with those items. I hope you will make a new item for ranger using the brutaliser because the yomous ghosblade is for melee only...

And by the way, there is something I'm piss not to see still in 2012, almost 2013, is an extra "special" inventory slot for our wards only so we can spend our gold when we are full inventory instead to be useless...

A lot more item options for gold items would be nice too. and maybe at least 1 or 2 items boosting the gold more (i mean big items only for a bigger gold income like dunno +15 gold per 10 sec (instead of 5) at a cost of maybe 1500 gold and a special ability "heal" on it or something new...).

Critmaster Garen

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn of Oblivion View Post
First I do have to applaud you Xypherous, I read through all of your posts, and you spent a lot of that time repeating your original post to answer questions, and patience is a virtue that must be acknowledged in this community.

Second, you don't specifically mention in the description that the New BC is whether any of the passives' are unique?

Third, if it is unique within BC itself, are they unique with Brutalizer as well? For example, if I stack two Brutalizers all I am getting is a bonus 25 atk damage on the second one, however with this revamped BC, can I stack BC with a Brutalizer and get full benefits from both. If that were a case it would give Riven (not to a** kiss, but easily my favorite champion), a way to counter a heavy armor team, and is in fact not over-powered since BC isnt built with a BF Sword anymore (only 45 total AD) and you have to sacrifice getting an early BT/hard amount of AD which is necessary for Mid-Game Dominance.

Fourth, any chance of Haunting Guise building into a new item too? O.o (all Rumble players will love you forever)
as it works now, brutalizer doesnt stack with itself. but it stacks together with ghostblade. so you can expect ghostblade + black cleaver + brutalizer to stack up for full effect.

unless thats one of the things theyre going to change.

but there might be no reason to do that, since flat + % penetration will be a lot more effective than stacking multiple flat pen items.

so last whisper would probably be a better choice to combine with brutalizer or black cleaver than stacking up the flat pen items.

Klousse

11-07-2012

Just to check:
Do these new rules also apply to Flat and % MAGIC penetration?
And is Flat/% Reduction taken into account before all Penetration?

Sokolniki

11-07-2012

I'd say it feels like Bruiser and Jungle Kayle received a buff through the new Black Cleaver mechanics.

Sir Loin of Pork

11-07-2012

Judgment: Will trigger Black Cleaver up to 6 times, in a circle around him, as it does physical damage 6 times. YESSSSSSS yESSSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Tack22

11-07-2012

Renekton cries a single crocodile tear.