Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaenos

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyAngryMe View Post
One of the first items I get on Malzahar is Brutalizer. I hope this change doesn't affect the way I build him. I'm excited about the changes though and look forward to playing after the update.
This raises an interesting topic... I do wonder how AD Malz is going to be affected by this. Will his voidlings also proc the passive? Looking forward to him being more viable.

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by die4769 View Post
That's fine and dandy, but I'm not arguing about whether that's the way it should be, I'm telling you how his ult works RIGHT NOW, because you said you were unclear about how it worked.

Had I known you were going to jump down my throat for explaining it to you, I'd have just let you figure it out yourself.
dude, not going to jump down your throat

but the wording on the ability is entirely different, so you can understand why i was still arguing, that the ult would work with the item passive.

Delucien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

So a couple of things.
First this sounds great for teamplay. I feel like having discussions like this help us understand the game mechanics better. I'm still kind of confused how this will work with Tiamat thought. I really like the physical damage angel because on hit effects are so confusing where they interact SO differently with abilities.

Can you clear up for me WHEN armor can go negative/ will this be possible with the BC?

Last, for champs that have pets like Elise will they each proc the BC armor pen? It gets really unclear for me what attributes actually pass on to champs pets.

TY

CloudG

11-07-2012

What if 2 team members both have BC? Does it double the amt of armor reduced?

Sh4d0w93

11-07-2012

So pretty much if you take a full frontal assault from Corki's gatling at rank 5 your going to loose 40 armor and 4 procs of black clever.. So -4 armor and then -5% armor for each proc.. Also add in that he can auto attack you during gatling gun.

Mechanikatt

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambawarrior0 View Post
It still caps at 5, I'm guessing, which is 25%.
Also, Malzahar's minions have always trigered black cleaver
No they haven't.

Krassith

11-07-2012

Any cool new hybrid items?

ChewyReloaded

11-07-2012

interesting

ErektErik

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
[aws3]news/November_2012/2012_11_07_S3_Itemization_Preview/Xypherous_Top_of_Post.jpg[/aws3]

There arenít enough items to allow each champion to really feel like they have their own unique build.

-Xypherous
I really appreciate how riot is now focusing on making champions require more unique builds. This should make playing certain roles like AD Carry and AP caster with a build that goes under the description of,"one size fits all' more interesting to play. Though I do strongly believe your next focus should be making extremely underplayed champions more interesting instead of upgrading all ready popular champions. I am suggesting this because I feel that most people could agree with me that choosing champions like Viktor, Syndra, Heimerdinger, will cause people to instantly react against you, because they have low win ratios on lolking.net due to their kit requiring more strategy, or just don't have any potential in their lane.

Fox P McCloud

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Yeah. Sorc Shoes / Haunting Guise / Void Staff is stronger while Sorc Shoes / Haunting Guise / Abyssal is weaker for the purposes of negating enemy MR.

Sorc Shoes / Haunting Guise both took a flat pen hit, by balanced out by the fact that they work better with your 10% pen from masteries - it doesn't really equate to a lot of damage difference.
I'm guessing the MPen on both is going to be roughly 18 now? If set to 18, it effectively means your damage is the same as having flat pen->% Pen---until you get void staff, then it give you an incredibly minor bump up in damage....we're talking 19 extra damage against a 200 MR target if you deal 1,000 damage to them. Of course, if Void Staff is nerfed to 35%, then it becomes even closer...