Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMelchorI View Post
the description of his ability says otherwise. firing his ult should work to apply multiple stacks at once.

it says "every time a blade passes through", not "every time the blades pass through".
Think about this for a moment, if all the individual blades did 240 damage to you every time they hit you, Talon would be doing about 1000 damage with only one half of his ult. In practice, Talon NEVER does 1000 damage with BOTH parts of his ult. The tooltip is sloppily worded, I thought the same thing you did before I got Talon, I've playing him religiously and have tested this out several times. Getting hit from multiple blades does not cause more damage.

If you don't believe me, go try it out for yourself.

Jarvan Krislov

11-07-2012

Garen's Judgment will proc Black Cleaver SIX times? I fear that Spin2Win we become a real thing again D8

Broney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Regarding stacking items: Usually non-unique passives with stacks keep their stack max but apply double stacks per hit.

So you'd still max at 25%, but you'd get there faster.

If this is different I would expect a red comment eventually.

Koyane

11-07-2012

sounds like you guys are building around barrier, the summoner spell you're adding for summoners rift. work more on your broken champions and balancing them before touching anything please.

hawaiifishmaster

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleroni View Post
xD Cool update!!!!
Ok lol?

HadesStreet

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Buckshot does indeed fire 3 bullets that can proc Black Cleaver 3 times. Graves is an AD Caster.

The trade-off here is whether Last Whisper or Black Cleaver makes more sense for you and your team. Black Cleaver promises early lane dominance into team shred, while Last Whisper is a mid-late game selfish armor penetration.
Could BC's effect be adjusted to be similar to Rylais? You know, so AD-scaling AOE spells have reduced AR reduction while single-target spells/basic attacks apply the normal reduction rate?

NotBuzzJack

11-07-2012

Urgot is going to love it. He's going to love it so much.

Critmaster Garen

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by die4769 View Post
Think about this for a moment, if all the individual blades did 240 damage to you every time they hit you, Talon would be doing about 1000 damage with only one half of his ult. Talon NEVER does 1000 damage with BOTH parts of his ult. The tooltip is sloppily worded, I thought the same thing you did before I got Talon, I've playing him religiously and have tested this out several times. Getting hit from multiple blades does not cause more damage.
if thats really the case, that would be a point then, xypherous could look into. if each individual blade really doesnt apply damage, they could change that and just rebalance the damage on the blades.

overall it would not make much of a difference, only that it would work better with the new black cleaver.

HoradrimAncient

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony The Troll View Post
while talking about season 3 changes... could you possibly talk to whoever was responsible for ashes passive and give him a hearty slap from me?

as far as i know her passive is the ONLY skill in the entire game that is completely bogus in the late game or even mid game

i mean... sure in early game its nice to have but when you got a IE and a phantom dancer or two its completely useless...

having something like (im horrible at designing things but heres a few things off the top of my head:
1. if ashes target is affected by frost shot her basic attacks/abilities deal an extra derp% dmg
2. ashe has a slight chance to fire 2 arrows instead of one hitting the same target twice (like 12% or something)
3. if ashe is not attacked for X amount of seconds her next basic attack will deal X amount of bonus dmg
4. ashes basic attacks slows the targets attack speed by X% stacks X times
5. ashes abilities (exluding frost shot) lowers her cooldowns by X seconds
6. if ashe critcally hits an opponent a stack of frost shot will be applied
7. ashe has a slight chance when being attacked to become invisible for X amount of seconds (something like 0.2 seconds)
8.ashes arrows has a slight chance of shattering upon impact and dealing % of ashes attack damage as AOE dmg behind her intended target and/or applies frost shot

jesus christ just make her a entirely new passive... PLEASE....

I feel like something that tweaks her current passive, instead of adding something exotic like stealth out of nowhere, would be in order. Not sure on how balanced it would be but changing her passive to "Ashe's critical strike chance increases by 3 / 6 / 9 / 12 / 15 / 18% every 3 seconds. Focus' bonus is expended with her next critical strike." would at least make it a little more noticeable in lane. The problem is that if you keep the numbers it has currently (3 / 6 / 9 / 12 / 15 / 18%) it might be way waaaay to strong mid/late game.

Xihark

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Yeah. Sorc Shoes / Haunting Guise / Void Staff is stronger while Sorc Shoes / Haunting Guise / Abyssal is weaker for the purposes of negating enemy MR.
What?

As in the first combination of items is more effective than the second combination?

Wording seemed odd.