Warning, this game may take your soul. Happened to a friend of mine.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jotace

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

No, he wasn't "soul farmed" by Thresh, i'll tell you the short story.

I used to be friends with this guy, let us call him, Pedro, because everything else is mainstream.

Any way, like 8 months ago, a buddy of mine invited Pedro to LoL, Pedro was the gung-ho kind of guy, that one little fella that never gave up, he was always optimistic and well mannered guy.

We played for a few months on my usual premade team, and we invited him a lot, then we went out to study like 3 months after, our team split and Pedro went to game on his own.

Up until recently, i played with Pedro, and he was angry at everything, even to the point of reporting someone who had a bad game, blaming someone else when he died, nad worse of all, he was maining Darius and Katarina... (yeah, you who have played this game for a lot, you know what does this means).

Anyway, last game, i was playing with him as nunu, i was joking with another friend of mine so my build was kinda goofy, Pedro was playing as Katarina, he then did stupid things, like diving w/o much life and with cd on shumpo, and on top of it, started to blame me, he even had the balls to pm me saying how good he was, and how much of a failure i was, anyway, well, he was too busy trying to teach us how good he was and trhew the game, i just muted, reported and erased him from my buddy list.

I mean, what does this game has, to make a gung-ho dude, become a member of the jerk-crew? maybe the toxic part of the community made a jerk out of him?

Tl;dr: Thresh got so much soul, that James Brown was jealous.

RQ Kiwi

01-23-2013

Maybe League uncovered the real Pedro underneath.

I Play Lux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Jack of Fury

01-23-2013

it slowly grinds away at your sanity

over time it will turn someone well mannered and nice into a ******

aka thats what built up frustration does

ADCisMyReligion

01-23-2013

Sounds like new player syndrome to me.

Players who begin this game have to learn at some point, whether it takes them a month or 2 years to figure it out, that this game isn't that serious. Once they come to terms with that, they'll be able to become good players and have more fun. As long as you're playing like your mothers life is on the line and killing babies when you lose, you can't progress.

I used to do the same thing.

Masakan

01-23-2013

This game...it changes people. I don't know how to explain it, but it some how brings out the inner demons inside you. Things you would rather keep locked away.

it's a sad reality, but LoL can bring out the worst in you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetios View Post
Sounds like new player syndrome to me.

Players who begin this game have to learn at some point, whether it takes them a month or 2 years to figure it out, that this game isn't that serious. Once they come to terms with that, they'll be able to become good players and have more fun. As long as you're playing like your mothers life is on the line and killing babies when you lose, you can't progress.
Maybe it's just me, but I think it's precisely BECAUSE people want to get better that this game gets so frustrating.

Dry Oat Meal

01-23-2013

I know how you feel. xD

Cheer up and eat cheerios

ADCisMyReligion

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masakan View Post

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's precisely BECAUSE people want to get better that this game gets so frustrating.
But then you get to the point where you realize getting mad is hurting you not helping you. You should move onto the next game. Instead of saying **** this game I quit.

I used to get mad a whole lot. Doesn't even phase me when someone feeds anymore, that's just ONE game. Might be five. Still enjoy myself way more after I learned that pulling my own teeth out over LoL isn't helping.

Masakan

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetios View Post
But then you get to the point where you realize getting mad is hurting you not helping you. You should move onto the next game. Instead of saying **** this game I quit.

I used to get mad a whole lot. Doesn't even phase me when someone feeds anymore, that's just ONE game. Might be five. Still enjoy myself way more after I learned that pulling my own teeth out over LoL isn't helping.
I don't get that mad when people feed or stuff like that anymore..what does get under my skin are people who are always looking for someone to blame. Someone to ***** at rageing and ranting at everyone but themselves. That's what tends to set me off.

Alice Twilight

01-23-2013

Sounds like League saved you from being friends with an *******