Playing AP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arannon

11-07-2012

Look i'm not pro I just casually play this. I'm not terrible but i'm not amazing. I feel like this match severely punishes me late game whenever I pick an AP over some sort of AD. Nuff said

scazzaf

11-07-2012

My team just hit diamond tonight 21W/3L and we run Diana in our main comp

Sessamo

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arannon View Post
Look i'm not pro I just casually play this. I'm not terrible but i'm not amazing. I feel like this match severely punishes me late game whenever I pick an AP over some sort of AD. Nuff said
Best AP champions in 3s aren't carries, they're high-scaling supports.
Don't play with the mindset that you're going to hard-carry as Brand.
Nidalee, Lulu, Karma, Ori and Lux are all incredibly powerful.

xYalahX

11-08-2012

I've done relatively well with Diana too (though I typically don't play AP on my ranked team). We've also had success with Oriana, Zyra, and Eve. One game I was on the receiving end of one epic ass Gragas that easily carried his team.

In my opinion APs should be the last pick if you plan to play a squishy AP carry. You need to pick around the enemy team because of the prevalence of face jumping bruisers in 3s. It looks like AP is getting some pretty significant buffs next patch as well.

Clockworksummonr

11-08-2012

Between the the removal of madreds, ability for APs to build both Blackfire Torch and DFG as well as the utility of hextech sweeper APs are more supportish on 3s than actually being a carry.