Gameplay Strategic Review & Discussion ~1200 elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ezrabar

11-07-2012

Playing an aram to end the night @ http://www.own3d.tv/Ezrabar/live/411919

Ezrabar

11-07-2012

Done for the night maybe cya guys tomorrow

FaerellG

11-08-2012

So, I'm a sivir nut and I needed somewhere to dump this information.

On good days, I can level up to 9 before having to back (farm lanes or dominating lanes)

That's enough to get me rank 5 on 1 ability, so I'm checking at what the break point for Ricochet and BB are.

If I level BB at levels all odd levels until 9
The optimal single target damage will be:
108 / 189 / 270 / 351 / 432

If I level Ricochet at all odd levels until 9 (accounting for passively increasing base attack damage)
49+2.9*lev

124 / 151 / 178 / 203 / 230

So it seems that Ricochet has stronger max burst damage at level 1, but at levels 3+ it falls behind quickly. However, this is optimal burst, not consistent. Ricochet is consistent while BB is unlikely to produce consistent results as people can dodge or stand behind minions. This makes the level 3 comparison much closer, but 5+ if you are able to land double hits, Ricochet can't keep up.

Now this is also only dealing with burst damage, not DPS...for DPS the decrease in cooldown for Ricochet will make it much better while the BB cooldown is stuck at 9 seconds.

This also does not account for range. Ricochet is limited to Sivir's auto attack range of 500 units while BB has double that range.

So against lower ranged ADs, I'm going to start trying out a Ricochet first at level 1.

So it will go W E Q Q Q for skill order. Or maybe W Q Q E Q if spell shield isn't likely to be used much.

Ezrabar

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
So, I'm a sivir nut and I needed somewhere to dump this information.

On good days, I can level up to 9 before having to back (farm lanes or dominating lanes)

That's enough to get me rank 5 on 1 ability, so I'm checking at what the break point for Ricochet and BB are.

If I level BB at levels all odd levels until 9
The optimal single target damage will be:
108 / 189 / 270 / 351 / 432

If I level Ricochet at all odd levels until 9 (accounting for passively increasing base attack damage)
49+2.9*lev

124 / 151 / 178 / 203 / 230

So it seems that Ricochet has stronger max burst damage at level 1, but at levels 3+ it falls behind quickly. However, this is optimal burst, not consistent. Ricochet is consistent while BB is unlikely to produce consistent results as people can dodge or stand behind minions. This makes the level 3 comparison much closer, but 5+ if you are able to land double hits, Ricochet can't keep up.

Now this is also only dealing with burst damage, not DPS...for DPS the decrease in cooldown for Ricochet will make it much better while the BB cooldown is stuck at 9 seconds.

This also does not account for range. Ricochet is limited to Sivir's auto attack range of 500 units while BB has double that range.

So against lower ranged ADs, I'm going to start trying out a Ricochet first at level 1.

So it will go W E Q Q Q for skill order. Or maybe W Q Q E Q if spell shield isn't likely to be used much.
Lower range ADCs are very common nowadays as well. So far that I've used it I've enjoyed it. Low cooldown, secures difficult last hits, cheap on mana, and more consistent. It's a great lvl 1 ability. I pick up q on lvl one if I want the burst that early but that's not normally the case for me.

Ezrabar

11-08-2012

Tip #4 Remove all chat (Unless you don't believe snide comments can get to you). It's a blessing.

Ezrabar

11-08-2012

Tip #5 coordinate counter-ganks and cutting off champions with your team when you see a wandering champion due to a ward. (Especially in river)

Ezrabar

11-08-2012

If anyone believe these tips are off-basis come on in and say so.

Ezrabar

11-08-2012

I'll be streaming some games around 7:30 CST. Come and join me @ http://www.own3d.tv/Ezrabar/live/411919

Ezrabar

11-08-2012

Change of plans the stream will proceed later at 9pm CST. @ http://www.own3d.tv/Ezrabar/live/411919
Some things came up so I wont be able to start until later.

Ezrabar

11-08-2012

It's back up