Handling Eve as a support player?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BakaChop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-12-2013

Hello! Time for yet another support question.

How do you deal with Eve when playing support? What I mean, is how exactly do you ward against that kind of ganking power, and is there any particular support that hurts her?

Having her as an enemy jungler is pretty tough on bot lane. Usually what I'll do is start with at least one pink, and play very passively. Unfortunately, Eve can come from anywhere. If I pink tri and river. she can just walk to lane and gank without much preparation from her bot lane(don't need the minions pushed THAT far).Same thing for having her as enemy mid. You get a warning if she goes missing from lane, unlike jungle, but all I can do is play passive until she shows up again. So is there a way to deal with her as far as warding goes without wasting a fortune on pinks?

tl;dr: HOW WARD VS. EVE AS SUPPORT?

Also, any supports that you would say hurt her ganking ability? I like Taric. As soon as I see her, she's already in range of my stun. But idk. Maybe Janna? Block her ult and knock her up? Slow her down too.
Meow.

Thanks!

acosn

01-12-2013

Buy pink wards. You should be buying these anyways because counter warding wins games, but just realize that excluding wards to keep tabs on the jungle, and dragon, normal wards are piss useless for dealing with Eve.

Don't play squishy supports aggressively. She'll burn you every time. Play tight, and let the enemy team make their mistakes. Don't even bother getting your jungle involved unless the enemy team's jungle simply doesn't leave your lane alone (Unusual- top lane is traditionally Eve's strongest gank).

That's about it. Eve as a jungler has to be played aggressively, but she's got a major problem in making ganks happen before 6, and even afterwards because she never gets any hard CC.

The only supports she outright hates dealing with are typically ban bait- Alistar and Blitz.

BakaChop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-12-2013

Yeah, I usually start with at least one pink ward, especially with a jungler that can come gank for me early on. And I haven't seen Ali banned as often in S3 so maybe I'll pick him if I get the chance to counterpick her.
Thanks for the quick response! :3