Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zed's Ultimate at early levels is now useless

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bled

11-08-2012

You know that the triple E/Q doesn't do any extra damage than just a regular W shadow right? It doesn't stack beyond two shadows hitting.

Bled

11-08-2012

To clarify what I was saying to agree with the OP,

For an assassin character, his kit at early levels is pretty unthreatening. I haven't yet been able to pop someone even with a moderate 2/3 kills. He just doesn't fit the assassin role until level 16 really which is way too late for someone who needs to be getting kills.

If you wanted to tailor him as more of a bruiser, he needs a bit more, like some better base defense stats or scaling, or maybe like a shield when he W's, something like that.

Lykurgus

Recruiter

11-08-2012

Quote:
Samizul:
This is exactly right. With his early game poke and his passive he was too dangerous from 6-9, especially around level 9 when his Q is doing a lot of work. It's very dangerous to be near a Zed with his ult and ignite up if you're below 50% hp, and he's pretty good at getting an enemy champ down that low in lane.

We also wanted the "pop" from the ult to feel good - sometimes it could pop for like 20 damage - so now you'll always see some damage from what is arguably the most exciting part of his ult.

This is exactly why I felt that the change to Zed's ult was perfectly fine down to 20%. Mark of Death and his passive make it very important to time and wait until an enemy is 50% or less. It also makes successfully killing an enemy champ with his ult early game really satisfying because it's not an insta-kill.

Also, one thing to consider when using Zed's ult, is that you DON'T have to target your mark initially with all the damage. I've gotten plenty of double kills by Marking an Enemy and using the shadow to kill a nearby champion, while AAing the marked champ. Granted since your next to the marked champion, they'll be taking extra anyway, and throwing Ignite and an Active from Hextech Gunblade (or as I normally play 3s Blade of the Ruined King) for added measure.

Loving this champ Riot! Keep up the good work and I cannot wait for him to be released to the main servers!

Von Nicklesnout

11-09-2012

Quote:
Star of Insomnia:
Having an extra shadow isnt as bad as you say, if you can hit a triple e or q its insane, not counting the gap closer.

Ive experienced myself that the auto-attack worth base dmg replaced quite well the 40% with no base dmg, I dont see myself popping the ulti for more than around 300 dmg, wether it was with 40% or 150 damage + 20%, around lvl 6-8.

Even if it really does less damage at that level, its still freaking awesome, people compares it to talon's e, but its far more interesting since it gives you a shadow that interacts with other skills!

Except if you try to triple E somebody you only do one set of damage, and the triple Q is easily avoidable. Zed is once again, an assassin that can't assassinate. Just like Elise.