Altar Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tinkerbat

11-06-2012

I'm by no means a super advanced gamer and I'm still learning this map. I'm just always confused by the alters and if anyone could enlighten me I would greatly appreciate it.
Sometimes they have the lock over them and they're not able to be activated, ok I get that. But then other times there is no lock and chain and I can stand on the altars but nothing happens. How do you tell when you're able to get the bonus and why isn't the lock and chain just over them until they can be grabbed?

tom59593

11-06-2012

It was kind of confusing for me at first, too! I'll try to explain it as best I can:

1) The altars start unlocked and unclaimed. Any team can capture an unclaimed altar.

2) Once an altar has been captured by the team, it is locked for 90 seconds. A locked altar cannot be captured until the lock is removed.

3) Although the lock is removed after 90 seconds, the team that captured it is still in control of the altar. Therefore, once you capture an altar, it (and it's associated buff) is yours until the enemy team captures it.

So, the rule to live by is get your altar first, and make sure the other team never gets it. You cannot lock it after you've captured it...this promotes team fighting because it gives them a chance to come try and capture it.

In essence, you can only lock or capture an altar that you do not currently have control of. If you see an altar with a red border, you can capture it. If you see an altar with a green circle, it's yours and you don't need to capture it to get the buff. Further, you hold all buffs from altars as long as they are in your control (even if they are unlocked).

So, for example, if both teams captured their altars at the beginning of the game and never paid attention to them for the rest of the game, they would both keep their 1x altar buff for the entire game. As soon as one of the teams captured the opposing team's altar, they would have the 2x altar buff until the other team re-captures one.

Does that make sense?

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

Tinkerbat

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom59593 View Post
It was kind of confusing for me at first, too! I'll try to explain it as best I can:

1) The altars start unlocked and unclaimed. Any team can capture an unclaimed altar.

2) Once an altar has been captured by the team, it is locked for 90 seconds. A locked altar cannot be captured until the lock is removed.

3) Although the lock is removed after 90 seconds, the team that captured it is still in control of the altar. Therefore, once you capture an altar, it (and it's associated buff) is yours until the enemy team captures it.

So, the rule to live by is get your altar first, and make sure the other team never gets it. You cannot lock it after you've captured it...this promotes team fighting because it gives them a chance to come try and capture it.

In essence, you can only lock or capture an altar that you do not currently have control of. If you see an altar with a red border, you can capture it. If you see an altar with a green circle, it's yours and you don't need to capture it to get the buff. Further, you hold all buffs from altars as long as they are in your control (even if they are unlocked).

So, for example, if both teams captured their altars at the beginning of the game and never paid attention to them for the rest of the game, they would both keep their 1x altar buff for the entire game. As soon as one of the teams captured the opposing team's altar, they would have the 2x altar buff until the other team re-captures one.

Does that make sense?

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!
Heya, thanks so much for responding I appreciate it. Maybe rather than post back and forth with my slew of questions I could add you? Always on the lookout for nice people.

tom59593

11-07-2012

Sho thang You can never have enough friends!