[Champion Concept] C'Thon, the Abyssal Dweller

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kersplakastani

11-06-2012

Alright, this is the second Concept that I've posted on the forum. I put a lot more into this one before posting it so it should be more organized. I should state that it/he is heavily influenced by several monsters from Sci-Fi/Horror films/novels (I'll let you figure that out, I will point out Lovecraftian works as one major influence). I will post art for him at some point in the future.

So yeah, here he is!

C'Thon, The Abyssal Dweller

Tags: Support/Melee/Fighter
Resource: Energy

Passive: Adaptive Reflexes
(Innate): C'Thon's muscular reflexes become more enhanced as he grows, granting him 1/% bonus attack speed for every 50 bonus hp he has.

Q
Reactive Lash
CD: 25/20/15/10/5
Cost: 25/50/75/100/125 HP
Range: 750

(Active/Skillshot): C'Thon lashes forward with one of his tentacles in a straight line pushing aside any minions or creeps in his path, if reactive lash hits an enemy champion it stuns them for 1.5 seconds and deals 25/30/35/40/45 magic damage (+0.5 AD, +0.5 AP). If reactive lash makes contact with a friendly champion they are pulled to C'Thon and gain a 1/3/5/7/9% boost to their movement speed for 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds and C'Thon gains a 10% boost to his energy regen for the next 1/3/5/7/9 seconds.

Adaptation: When C'Thon pulls a friendly champion they are healed by 5% of their maximum health and all soft CC effects on them are removed.

W: Reactive Carapace
Cost: 9 Energy Per Second
(Toggle/Stance): C'Thon's exoskeleton reacts to basic attacks, stacking 3/6/9/12/15 bonus armor up to 5 times for every auto attack he receives for 10 seconds (this timer resets for every 10/8/6/4/2 auto-attacks he receives from any source).

Adaptation: If C'Thon keeps this ability toggled until his energy is completely drained he permanenlty gains his armor stacks until death, the amount of armor stacked is also doubled while this ability is toggled now. C'Thon can activate this ability after he has permanently stacked armor to consume his stacks dealing physical damage equal to the amount of armor consumed (+0.5 AD and 0.5 AP) to any enemies within a radius of 400.

E: Tunnel
CD: 90/70/50/30/10
Cost: 40/45/50/55/60 Energy

(Active): C'Thon begins digging for 2 seconds, and then burrows underground, and becoming untargetable for the next 3/4/5/6/7 seconds and gaining 5/7/10/12/15 bonus health regen for the duration he is underground. C'Thon is able to move while he is underground and ignores unit collision and his movement speed is reduced by .5/.10/.15/.20/.25 while he is burrowed.

Adaptation: When C'Thon unburrows he deals 25/35/45/50/75 physical damage (+.25 AD, +.25 AP).

Ultimate: Eyes of the Abyss

Cost: 100/75/50 Energy
CD: 75/50/25

Unique: C'Thon gains an adaptation point at every rank of this ability, and he can spend one point to adapt his physical form to his surroundings.

Stance/Toggle:

(Stance 1): C'Thon opens his "eyes" in order to observe and adapt his body to resist the magicks around him, gaining 20/30/40 bonus MR. (When the ultimate is first ranked up C'Thon starts in this stance)
(Stance 2): C'Thon closes his "eyes" and stores his observed knowledge of magic and it's inner workings, granting him 5/10/15% bonus CDR.

Adaptation:
The passive effects of C'Thon's stances are increased by 25% of C'Thon's AP.

Lore:
In the deepest trench of the Guardian Sea there lurks an ancient and malevolent being of untold power, the last surviving member of its own kind, a species that thrived on consumption of all life, including it's own race. It spent unknown years hibernating in the depths of the Guardian Sea, waiting to be awoken by... something. That day came when the Institute of War sent an expeditionary vessel to the Guardian Sea; upon reaching it's destination the ship sent out a lone diver, unaware of what lurked in the murky abyss. The, "Ancient One", was awoken by the presence of life near it, and immediately moved in on its new found prey, dragging it down into the depths after the diver's own crew abandoned him in order to survive. However, this strange new being was unlike others it had consumed before, possessing a remarkably strong mental will, allowing him to partially resist being completely consumed by the Ancient One, leaving him as an armored husk of his former self. Impressed by this strange new being's resilience, the Ancient One released it upon discovering its partial... immunity to being totally consumed. The Ancient One took perverse pleasure when it consumed the crew of the expeditionary voyage, knowing that the Titan of the Depths, Nautilus, would be drawn towards vengeance. It learned that not all members of the race known as "humans" were immune to his consumption. It reveled in the thought of Nautilus fruitlessly pursuing those who betrayed him without knowing of their true fate. This amused it. The Ancient One's curiosity was sparked, and it set out to feed upon other denizens of the ocean, selectively consuming several apex predators [*COUGHAKRAKENCOUGH*], and other enduring creatures [*COUGHRUNETERRANSEATURTLESANDWHALESCOUGH*], eventually discovering another amusing race of sentient sea-dwellers, an attractive and rewarding feast.

The Ancient One sated his hunger and observed them for some time, becoming entertained out of an odd sense of sadistic pleasure from watching their petty and insignificant squabbles. It was only when two of the species denizens, bot of whom... entertained the Ancient One, left their city: one out of its own accord [*COUGHFIZZCOUGH*] while another was forced to leave by exile. After their departure the Ancient One finally feasted upon the city's denizens, leaving an empty city behind. The two survivors of the now extinct species he just consumed would make for suitable pets, "documents" of their nearly extinct race.

It was at this point that the Ancient One sent out a fragment of its consciousness to explore the continent of Valoran to act as an avatar of its own will, this was the birth of C'Thon, the Abyssal Dweller. C'Thon surfaced on the shores near Icathia, and was drawn to strange energies emanating from the dead city. What C'Thon saw there caused the Ancient One to feel something it had never felt before... fear. C'Thon traced the strange magicks emanating from the city to the Institute of War, and discovered the League of Legends, and several denizens radiating with energy from what was known as the Void. C'Thon gained entry into the League of Legends after interrupting a match on Summoner's Rift. C'Thon was driven by a need to prepare of the coming horrors from the void. After all, the Planet rightfully belonged to the Ancient One.

Concept:
C'Thon is a champion meant to excel either as an AD support bot, or as a top lane Hybrid Off-Tank that can adapt to enemy team comps based on the amount of AP (and)/or AD being built on an enemy team, with enough sustain to give him decent staying power in any lane (I guess he could be played mid, but that was not my intent when I was designing him). I consider this Champ Concept to be my baby, and I have found myself to be putting a lot of time and effort into fully developing him as a champion and character in the League of Legends. I was a big fan of Kha'Zix in terms of design, and I thoroughly enjoyed the concept of him having evolution points. Although they are named differently his Adaptation Points are for the most part less offensive in comparison to how a person playing Kha'Zix would decide to spend them, and I felt that making them mostly more defensive/"supporty" in their functions, allowing someone playing him to observe an enemy team and how they are building and adapting his skills to counter said enemy team. For example, he can adapt his w and e early to counter a mixed AD/AP oriented team, making him more naturally tanky and encouraging points to be put into HP for added tankiness and DPS with his passive. His Attack speed can still cap however (i have a feeling that his passive will need to be tweaked after critiquing starts to begin up in here *HIIIIIINNNNNT*). I feel like he would be less useful in late game if I didn't implement the adaptations mechanic. Alternative potential roles that could be implemented depending on his build could be an "anti-tank", a supporty/tanky pusher, (in top lane, DUO SUPPORTS NEW META ZOMG, that was a joke... kind of... or something), a roaming support/scout/tank in mid and/or late-game, and anything else a person could think of.

Feel free to review his abilities and post constructive criticism!

Kersplakastani

11-07-2012

Bump.

Kersplakastani

11-16-2012

Bump

Lore has been posted and I have re-worked his abilities. I'll add his stats later on after I receive a critique of his kit.

Kersplakastani

11-19-2012

Bump

Kersplakastani

11-22-2012

Bump

No reviews?