Barrier destroys gameplay, here's why.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orbital Nuke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

I'd rather barrier have a longer mitigation type effect instead of a straight absorb. Something on par with 65% reduced damage for 5 seconds after using it. Then squishy casters who dont' have tons of mobility can actually have a chance to damage all those lame AD that stack tons of AD and leap (Ez, Corki) right on top of you doing a boat load of damage.

Placinium

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Correct, numbers are being changed for SR. You could say the same thing about Heal, and it doesn't destroy the game.
roit

roit u press barrier then for half second next attack is negated

roit pls

TimeWhisp

11-06-2012

We call it "scrub shield" in ARAM for a reason.

DayDemonz

11-06-2012

Sweet, cause playing against people with flash+heal was so fun. Now I get to play against people with flash+shield. How fun...

DoozleDorf

11-06-2012

Won't it allow for low level tower dives? Will this not just exacerbate 'losing' lane scenarios when a player has no option left but to tower hug?

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Good post!

1) No, but don't look at the current values - we've changed them specifically for SR. Additionally, Ignite being used means heal can't be - it simply counters it. Hard counters at champ select are largely undesirable.

2) Assassins are also getting a ton of help in the new items for Season 3. Remember that current "what works" isn't necessarily valid for S3.

3) By turning Heal into more a "save your friends" skill, Barrier is the selfish version of it - filling the role heal used to fill. It's meant to deal with spikes and save your life in some situations.
I mean no offense, Morello, but how can S3 make burst mages way better (as you've said it does) with certain changes and have barrier in existence too? There's no way to counter barrier, it's just a free "X" number of extra health for quite some time---this seems to contradict your first statement of "no hard counters" a bit.

Also, on that note, why are hard counters undesirable? Doesn't this just lead to mediocrity and staleness, since generally everyone can lane against generally everyone?

Shanalotte

11-06-2012

Fun.

KevinDelMarr

11-06-2012

What about for Burst Casters? It's hard enough when enemies reach the about the 3k health range plus MR, now adding 300 to 400 "health" could be devastating. I would expect AP Burst items to deal with high health, but I would like to know how Champions like my Xerath or someone's Leblanc aren't completely shut down.

I don't expect everyone to use Barrier (or even heal), but this is a small point

Stevev45

11-06-2012

Quote:
Good post!

1) No, but don't look at the current values - we've changed them specifically for SR. Additionally, Ignite being used means heal can't be - it simply counters it. Hard counters at champ select are largely undesirable.

2) Assassins are also getting a ton of help in the new items for Season 3. Remember that current "what works" isn't necessarily valid for S3.

3) By turning Heal into more a "save your friends" skill, Barrier is the selfish version of it - filling the role heal used to fill. It's meant to deal with spikes and save your life in some situations.
Good post, back atcha.

Barioth

11-06-2012

with barrier champs like riven which can deal dmg and has a shield will be op. you can extend the duration of your "invulnerabillity". extremely op.