Barrier destroys gameplay, here's why.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sairentosutoka

11-09-2012

doubt anyone will get ignite anymore seems like everyone will have flash barrier id rather block a **** ton of damage then just put some damage on someone that can be blocked with a shield

Alienwizard

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamusss View Post
heal destroyed the gameplay now, we will have heal+barrier O.O

seriously i can't stand the bait anymore, flash was frustrating because ennemy always flashed at the last moment to escape and not be killed but... HEAL OMG, not only you can't kill him, but he WILL kill you because of that fcking spell. Seriously, i didnt have faith in riot for a long time, but this thing is really the cherry on the cake.
This is my favorite sentiment ever. Because you cant net kills its Riots fault. almost every spell can be countered by good and smart play. If your opponent can pop barrier and kill you. even with your whole arsenal of spells, you need to look at the situation much better then. cause it was a loss anyways.

JuRk3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Remove Heal, Barrier and Flash.
problem solved

Kanzawa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

every top lane will now run barrier and flash. since you can use barrier when stunned it will go like this.

herp derp olaf is csing in the mid lane while jax sneakily starts his counterstrike in the brush, he just as a wild lee sin appears jax leaps and stuns while lee sin jumps onto him BARRIER GOES UP lee sin slows HE FLASHES. safe.

WHATS THIS MALPHITE IS LVL 6 and here for the counter gank! he ults the half hp jax! BARRIER GOES UP, he slows with q, THE FLASH. safe.

cant wait for 16 minute first bloods.

Kusari

11-09-2012

Honestly this may pose problems, or it may not. But if the game were only intended for aggressive play then what fun would that be? Give it a mix of aggressive and passive play. We have a good equal amount of offensive and defensive summoner spells. Will this make fights a little longer? Probably. Will it mean you need to think about your encounters more than just diving head in? Most likely. Will it make champions completely invincible? Absolutely not.

Morgana has a spell shield. Do you still kill her?
Sivir has a bubble. Does she never die?
And touching base on heal... Have you not killed a Yi before that's healing? I have. Plenty of times.

We don't know all of the changes being introduced this season. We don't know what itemizations are coming out that could make barrier a completely necessary summoner spell. Let's just wait and see, shall we?

Rinto

11-09-2012

Riot has said that they'll be keeping close watch on the new changes and their results. If barrier becomes a problem I think they'll just grab their nerf hammer. Honestly not a big deal. However, I do think they should keep it out of ranked until we know how it stands on SR. I agree that as it is, it is probably going to be a bad idea, but if it scaled lower (perhaps similar to locket of the iron solari shield) it would work fine. In particular I think it could add some flavor to bot lane. I play a lot of support, so I think it would be interesting to see an AD carry with their own shield. This could encourage people to play more aggressive supports and make the bottom lane more dynamic (or it could destroy the bot lane meta entirely, which I'd be kinda excited about).

Naiujiro

11-09-2012

Personally speaking, Barrier needs to be reworked and balanced better. It should not have the ability to negate DOT spells like ignite when you ignite them before they pop Barrier. Any DOT that affects you before the Barrier is popped, should go to your HP first. But I do like the concept of Barrier. I would just like a more strategic use of it then what its current status is. It should serve as a great reversal tool when timed properly when you get jumped at a turrent, not as a mindless turtle tool.

thumbnail9

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
No, I prefer soft counters. Hard counters remove options with a choice; soft counters add additional decision points to a choice.

If it lasts for a very short time, and takes awesome timing to save yourself...seems like a pretty good skill to me

It's hard with missing information to craft a complete picture. I'll assure you of this: we're not putting the shield that "just gives you health" with no gameplay on SR. There's more here to look at than "I don't like Barrier on ARAM, therefore it has to suck on SR". And since this is super-loose, if it does cause issues it's easy to remove.
Heal was never countered by ignite until you gave it the final round of nerfs and it phased out. If anything heal can straight stalemate with ignite, which it had beaten previous. The only way barrier would work without overall nerfs to it would be its not effected by armor. It comes up and you eat it like your hitting true damage.

bearded0ne

11-09-2012

Why don't people just wait to see what the actual numbers are going to be for barrier, since Riot has already stated the numbers are going to be changed for SR from PG, before they decide that it is going to be overpowered?

Kogyaru

11-09-2012

This is why I use Heal + Barrier.

No one believed me.