Barrier destroys gameplay, here's why.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Philosopher

11-09-2012

What makes it so different than heal? Its essentially the same spell.

Lazreal

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridgeburnr View Post
'
they're changing heal, so its more for supports healing their team

ihaveapotion

11-09-2012

feel free to also select barrier.

ive played over 500 arams, and won 9 out of 10 unless my team consists of two leavers.
same with pg draft, 10/10 winrate.

I guess you're doing something wrong or just dont like being forced to pick the same summoner spell.
But that also applies to flash in sr.

Nya Poptart Cat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojs View Post
I don't know why people are saying it will destroy game play without even trying it. Those people who say it can only be used defensively are wrong imagine all the crazy dives that will happen. I think it will be very strong on junglers especially for securing early kills and contesting dragons/barons
I'm scared of the dives.

BeatRushVII

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paprikachu View Post

3) It rewards bad play. Wrong positioning? Just use Barrier to get out for free.
has.

Flash does not suffer from any of these problems. .
What rich romantic planet are you from.

No wards up? Pushed to enemy turret? Jungler with red buff running towards you, oh well, why be punished for your stupidity when you can just run to a near by wall and press R. See you later sk8er.

Flash is just as much a "Ooops time to gtfo " button as barrier is

BeatRushVII

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Correct, numbers are being changed for SR. You could say the same thing about Heal, and it doesn't destroy the game.
For the love of god just make it have an interaction with turrets , please. Like...the shield takes increased damage from turrets(not the player, just the shield). I know you guys stand for RWAR aggressive play, but as it stands now certain champions can already totally disregard turrets from level 5-6 onward

RipCarlin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

It don't think it should be added to SR, but I don't find it too much of a problem in PG.

Exhaust is probably the best spell to have in PG. Seeing how everything is a teamfight, come late game, putting exhaust on a heavy hitter will negate more damage than 5 barriers combined.

Using barrier to get away doesn't always work, and when it does, it's still not very efficient and is kind of a waste. If you're not hitting someone while you have barrier on, the way I see it, you're wasting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridgeburnr View Post
Well. Barrier has a MUCH shorter CD. And it doesn't have diminishing returns.

The effects of Heal stay with you. You don't lose the HP like you do the Shield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDracos View Post
True damage is countered by increasing your max health, heals, and shields. It's simply isn't countered by MR/Armor/DR.
True Damage from Vayne can countered by attack speed slows (F.Heart, Randuin's, Malphite Ground Slam, etc,.) as well.

XiaoJosef

11-09-2012

Thats true

Kadromar

11-09-2012

Who even remotely wanted this spell on SR? You say to use it to mitigate burst with 'awesome timing'?
How about people learn to react with exhaust instead? On paper this looks like a low-skill method of robbing players who outplay you of kills. Nothing about barrier is at all hard to time if it shares the same activation pattern and duration as barrier in ARAM.

Dingding123

11-09-2012

You better believe I'll be taking Barrier on Tryndamere. Wa ha ha.