Barrier destroys gameplay, here's why.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

port5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDracos View Post
True damage is countered by increasing your max health, heals, and shields. It's simply isn't countered by MR/Armor/DR.
DR?... i cannot remember this term atm.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swoonpai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-08-2012

They can just tune it down to fit the needs of SR and also a Bruiser/Tank can use this OFFENSIVELY by activating and jumping into the enemy team. Though I do find it unnecessary to have 2 "protect" spells (heal/Barrier) but it gives people options and also it means less Ignites/Exhausts on SR.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ringo Mandingo

Senior Member

11-08-2012

+1, i dont think it should be on sr either


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pulverkuss

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by port5 View Post
You seem to forget that ignite can be countered with barrier hardcore, where as ignite halves the effectiveness of heal thus barely-

Oh my god, you're a clown...

You Heal before you get Ignited, obviously...

ESPECIALLY in the given Flash Ignite example...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corefish

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRkid View Post
Not every mechanic in the game has a direct counter. True damage has no real counter in this game its just something you have to learn to deal with.
That's actually wrong...

True damage is a set amount. Meaning if you deal 325 true damage, that's what you deal. Regardless of MR or Armor.

So... You counter it with health. Since TD doesn't scale at ALL other then leveling the ability, get more health and suddenly 325 is mitigated.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

True Bandito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Morello, how are you going to combat backdoor Yi or TF with Barrier?


Well?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vakyoom

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
No, I prefer soft counters. Hard counters remove options with a choice; soft counters add additional decision points to a choice.

If it lasts for a very short time, and takes awesome timing to save yourself...seems like a pretty good skill to me

It's hard with missing information to craft a complete picture. I'll assure you of this: we're not putting the shield that "just gives you health" with no gameplay on SR. There's more here to look at than "I don't like Barrier on ARAM, therefore it has to suck on SR". And since this is super-loose, if it does cause issues it's easy to remove.

Ah, logic. and that's why morello has a job at riot and the rest of the pre-season 3 complainers don't.

As for backdoor Yi and tf... they'd have to use barrier on themselves to take the tower instead of saving themselves in the fight that would ensue after the backdooring. This isn't going to be an enormous shield, it's going to be fair and balanced. Just wait and see, don't expect it to ruin the game because riot wouldn't let that happen. period.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grandpa Cyril

Junior Member

11-08-2012

barrier OP


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vakyoom

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Cyril View Post
barrier OP
great argument, i see your point and raise you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cursedreject

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetios View Post
Shields are more problematic than a heal. You can negate a heal. Barrier is better than heal in every possible way.
Heal heals allies too tho