Barrier destroys gameplay, here's why.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElementzPRO

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Correct, numbers are being changed for SR. You could say the same thing about Heal, and it doesn't destroy the game.

wrong

heal can be ignited ya dumbass

PhoenixxHD

11-08-2012

Karthus ulti? Oh look 5 barriers were popped.

AxeRaider

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojs View Post
I don't know why people are saying it will destroy game play without even trying it. Those people who say it can only be used defensively are wrong imagine all the crazy dives that will happen. I think it will be very strong on junglers especially for securing early kills and contesting dragons/barons
or depending upon its duration and cd could be used to allow some of the jungler who lose to much hp form losing some hp.

Grimwohl

11-08-2012

Barrier is having its effectiveness REDUCED.
Heal affects not just you, but all nearby allies. If barrier shields you for even 500 damage(it will be nerfed, if you can get your little minds around that) and heal restored 550 hp, + 275 to nearby allies, then heal will still outvalue it by a metric f*ckton. barrier is the selfish defensive spell, heal is a team player spell. I'm not seeing what the complaint/comparison is here.
Ignite halves self heal, and in a teamfight heal still outvalues a 500 hp barrier. the only big issue I can see this spell causing in a nerfed form is soaking up Ignites- Which is spell deemed too effective and needing a nerf multiple times. (if any of you are following the s3 balance updates, they increased its cool down in favor of nerfing its damage or healing reduction. This also happened to flash, both of which were admitted to be too effective/popular.)
Also, adding barrier to pad against it is better than it just taking a straight up effectiveness hit, because honestly, no one is going to trade up their flash/ignite for a weak-moderate shield. You might see it on turtle-heavy players, but flash's positioning will save you much better than a bubble, and a properly timed cleanse/exhaust will save you from a gank better than a bubble.

Honestly, the way you kids cry about change, it's like the dev team shouldn't do anything more than create skins. God forbid they change the animations or anything though!

B0N3R DRAG0N

11-08-2012

Barrier can be countered simply by waiting it out. Heal is countered by ignite, BUT the ignite can also be countered simply by waiting it out. Heal (if done without ignite) gives you permanent health, which is much better than a temporary shield.

Furthermore, do you really think people are going to sacrifice one of their other spells for barrier? I can only really imagine an adc with an escape or a bruiser who wants some extra durability when initiating a fight to run barrier.

Unless they nerf flash or exhaust AND ignite I'll still be running flash with exhaust/ignite even if they bring barrier straight from Murderbridge without tweaking it.

Edit: Most of the arguments I've seen against barrier completely ignore the fact that in picking up barrier you have to lose something else. Unless we start seeing games with 8 people using Flash/Barrier and 2 using Barrier/Smite I don't think it's a problem.

WILL SMlTH

11-08-2012

flash should be replaced by barrier. problems solved.

Raptor J3sus

11-08-2012

get over it, that is all. If you can not handle change, why are you playing a game that constantly changes every 2 weeks regularly.

Rottweiler12

11-08-2012

yep, WE WANT BARRIER

RSF Esfand

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullettime7 View Post
They could easily tune the numbers to be lessened on Summoner's Rift and it's likely the route they'll take. Otherwise it would be too hard of a counter to champions like Karthus. Even though I dislike Karthus, I don't think giving everyone a "get out of jail free card" is the way to nerf him.

OPTIONAL get out of jail free card. If you pick Karthus and their whole team picks Barrier? Okay. Fine. You just gave all your team mates the advantage of allowing them to run with ignite, exhaust, etc...

It's a game of give and take, I think this will be a fun addition in preseason to see how it works out.

Apox

11-08-2012

VOTE NO ON BARRIER for SR. do NOT make everyone bring this please. everyone brings flash, great, we get it, its good but even flash doesn't compare to barrier. it's fine for aram's etc. but not on summoners rift, not for competitive play.