Barrier destroys gameplay, here's why.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

perry mason1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

I think my favorite thing about using barrier will be how many last tick ignites I will troll with it.

Fovere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Pretty much all arguments applied by op (and others) to barrier could be said for heal also.

Both have limitations. Heal may be affected by ignite but its also a permanent health increase. Barrier is temporary and if you're chasing someone down you could easily wait until barrier drops before unloading - can't do that with heal cuz they wont lose the health they gained through use of the spell.

In general barrier will be a little more challenging to use since you'll want to use it before you take damage, whereas heal you can use afterwards (and retain the benefits for more than a few seconds)

Woozl

11-07-2012

Could people stop saying it heals for more than heal? Easily the most retarded statement you can make regarding barrier. Unless you are using it to initiate, you'll probably end up wasting a good 1/3 to 1/2 of it. It is a far more skill intensive skill than Heal, and not half as broken as Flash.

Grigorian Tutor

11-07-2012

OMFG A NEW SPELL, LET ALL BE ReTARDED AT ONCE NOW.

Satarrus

11-07-2012

Not gonna argue for or against Barrier on SR, but I'm surprised that, as opposed to heal, ppl see it as a defense only spell.

VanceStubbs

11-07-2012

So it's just like Heal... and Cleanse... and Flash...

TrippySkippy

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillswitchEngag3 View Post
youll be saying this for now until champions like corki / tristana / ezreal take barrier over flash and start using their "flash" like abilitys for escapes instead of relying on flash... well see how much you enjoy a solid ADC with a built in escape + barrier + ignite... dont come crying to me
Why would anyone come crying to you? You are not a savior nor anyone important.

Voidgolem

11-07-2012

People are still going to run ignite/flash over it in botlane.

And thus having barrier enables so many plays as Leona/Volibear/<offensive support here> that would've previously been impossible. Such as diving whoever I want whenever I want.

Do want.

Vøidn0ise

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatleaf View Post
You basically described what heal can do already
Heal can be countered by Ignite, Grievous Wounds, etc etc etc.

Barrier can't.

jessejsteeltown

11-07-2012

bump mos def