Barrier destroys gameplay, here's why.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dopuche

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatleaf View Post
You basically described what heal can do already
Ignite does not scale off armor and mr.
Barrier does not get futtbucked by ignite.

Kionashi

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruka Frog View Post
dude you're ruining your game. proving grounds is 5 people at the tower with all kinds of stuns etc, you can have barrier in that game

in SR you're going to enable level 1 tower dives

this is the WORST POSSIBLE thing you could add to summoner's rift

bro do you even playtest?
bro do you have even test the barrier in SR?? no? in that case how you dare to say it will enable level 1 tower dives? and what would happen if the champion tower hugging also have a barrier?

Malefic Vision

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
If it lasts for a very short time, and takes awesome timing to save yourself...seems like a pretty good skill to me

It's hard with missing information to craft a complete picture. I'll assure you of this: we're not putting the shield that "just gives you health" with no gameplay on SR. There's more here to look at than "I don't like Barrier on ARAM, therefore it has to suck on SR". And since this is super-loose, if it does cause issues it's easy to remove.
It doesn't require good timing nor does it last for a short time, not as the barrier we know anyway.

Stop telling us "we need the whole picture" and just give us the whole picture, or just stop talking. What you're saying isn't helping anyone with any of the questions and concerns they have, it's just politically correct responses that fool noobs into thinking they've been given an answer.

atlas304

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruka Frog View Post
this is the WORST POSSIBLE thing you could add to summoner's rift
they could bring back fortify and laugh when people try to push towers

Paprikachu

11-06-2012

Quote:
It's hard with missing information to craft a complete picture. I'll assure you of this: we're not putting the shield that "just gives you health" with no gameplay on SR. There's more here to look at than "I don't like Barrier on ARAM, therefore it has to suck on SR". And since this is super-loose, if it does cause issues it's easy to remove.
The point I tried to make in the start post is actually in no way related to SR. Note that I did not mention maps even once. My thread got misused to QQ about adding Barrier to SR. While I'd hate to see Barrier on SR, it's not its biggest issue.

Having said that, I realized, while reading the answers, that the biggest problem with Barrier is actually not that it's OP, adjusting numbers won't solve the problem. The biggest problem is that it's conceptually anti-fun. Playing against someone with Barrier is frustrating, because it hard-counters last-hit abilities (as well as gap closers), and using Barrier yourself is not satisfying. It does not produce diversity from a gameplay perspective.

That being said, I hope that the "missing information" you're talking about is not only adjusted numbers, but also additional effects added to the spell.

SwiftSwrd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

> 1) Barrier is almost always used defensively. You only use this spell, when it's already too late. It has no other use than saving your ass.

Bull****, I use it to towerdive and to engage in a situation when I know x amount of damage would be unavoidable, and that I have less than x hp left. Tower diving and betting you'll hit a skillshot and be able to dodge their cc or damage that would otherwise kill you is infinitely better gameplay than "I flash to ignite you and run away."

Nid is Cancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Are you serious? Barrier is IMHO a weak spell. Why? Its basically a self version of heal for what, 6 seconds? Everything you said there is basically heal. Except heal can save Allies. You can use heal to prevent % missing damage, heal is basically a better version of Barrier. With barrier, someone sees you pop Barrier, they run away. only about 100 damage done, and you just wasted a SS. Heal? Guess what, you just gained more health until they burst/poke it out of you again.

Barrier is just a shorter, less effective version of heal.

perpentach

11-06-2012

I don't know about you all, but after playing hundreds of ARAM games, Barrier is a great initiator ability.

Ankokukai

11-06-2012

Quote:

If it lasts for a very short time, and takes awesome timing to save yourself...seems like a pretty good skill to me
1-How much time do you consider "very short" ? is it gonna be 1-2 seconds? (this leads me to a second question)

2-Isnt barrier gonna gimp DoT mages (like Malz) badly? as in, you can hope your DoT and/or ignite (together) finish the oponent and they just say "nope.avi, got barrier"

3-I always think that there's nothing like testing the live "specimen", but i cant find "awesome" timming for barrier against burst characters (but maybe this could be related to it's duration, which i already asked on the first question)
Because for an example, Annie goes in and tibbers and stuff, and you can just tap the button like a madman and it -might- block her last spell, or totally deny her the oportunity of using it, unless, the barrier lasts so fewthat she can walk up a couple steps and time the barrier for it's expiration and throw that last Desintegrate

FistOf7Dragons

11-06-2012

w/e you say morello we all know this is just another burst mage nerf