Inconsistencies with fan-shaped skill shots.

12345678 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sylvr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddo View Post
Have had a lot of times when I have tried using MF's ult only to find her running back into their team and getting one bullet off before my ping trying to run away, or getting stunned before I get any off and having my ult on cool down and being completely out of position.
It can lose you the game and make you look terrible
O.O

MF!!! I knew I had to be forgetting someone. Adding her to the list right now.

Paige

11-06-2012

oh my FREAKING GOD I wish they would just make them all the immediate cast version... I hate the stupid detachable cone like I just wanna punch someone in the mouth when it messes me up

also wow I never realized riven's was like that. no wonder I'm confused why my ult doesn't go off so much...

smokey5430

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Riotplz.

deejed

11-06-2012

bump, long time observer of this problem hope something comes of this post

OriginOfDeath

11-06-2012

I feel all the cone skillshots need to be anchored to the champions. It's screwed me so many times in battle when I can't get my damn ability off.

Diisoriented

11-06-2012

I really see no point to them being detachable, it is honestly pretty stupid, especially because I smartcast. This is a main reason I hate playing cho jungle tbh, its really just annoying.

Zuphlas

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvr View Post
I'd love to see these regulated, preferably favoring the immediate cast version. The area-select versions feel so clunky and delayed when you're in a fast-paced fight.
I actually prefer the "area select" style tbh, the other way around makes it feel weird. For example I used to play morde a lot way back in the day before guinsoo screwed around with him - having the area select E made it really comfortable lining up harass from just barely the edge of the effect. Having your champ run to get in range of casting where you tell it to also allows you a small window of time to cancel the attack command, whereas the type that's attached to your champ tends to be irritating when it whiffs because you instantly used it. It's a personal thing, just like some people are more comfortable with camera lock. The immediate cast type is why I hate karma's heal/fans - instead of letting me carefully choose where to drop my cast it just blurts out as soon as I hit the button, and if your mouse moved at all you might be ****ed cause it turns so sharply since it's attached.

Irie Vibrator

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A cat is fine View Post
It's probably an internal thing. Lots of things that seem like should be the same system are actually not. Zilean's ult and Guardian Angel use two completely different code paths even though they seem like they should be the same. Annie's W and Ashe's W probably just look the same but have completely different code behind them, so a fix would be really time consuming and wouldn't create that much more value.
Zil ult and GA makes sense. GA revives with a fixed amount of mana/health, while Zilean ult scales. At the very least you need an extra modifier in the line for Zil's ult.

Sylvr

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuphlas View Post
I actually prefer the "area select" style tbh, the other way around makes it feel weird. For example I used to play morde a lot way back in the day before guinsoo screwed around with him - having the area select E made it really comfortable lining up harass from just barely the edge of the effect. Having your champ run to get in range of casting where you tell it to also allows you a small window of time to cancel the attack command, whereas the type that's attached to your champ tends to be irritating when it whiffs because you instantly used it. It's a personal thing, just like some people are more comfortable with camera lock. The immediate cast type is why I hate karma's heal/fans - instead of letting me carefully choose where to drop my cast it just blurts out as soon as I hit the button, and if your mouse moved at all you might be ****ed cause it turns so sharply since it's attached.
A fair point. Having your abilities be premeditated can have it's advantages, but why only those 5 abilities (or so) and not others? If it were consistent across all champions, then it would be easier for everyone to get used to. There wouldn't be that sudden shock of playing one of the affected champions and suddenly walking your character out of position accidentally.

Even if it can't/won't be changed, I'd love to know why. I'm always aware that there may be reasons for things that I'm not privy to.

Sylvr

11-06-2012

If you like the topic, don't forget to bump it! I don't know how deep reds dig for interesting threads, so I'm hoping to keep this on the front page just in case.

12345678 ... 13