Inconsistencies with fan-shaped skill shots.

12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Durzaka

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2BrosGaming View Post
I'm confused are we talking about smartcast? This sounds like smartcast to me.

If you cast Ashe's Volley with your mouse on the other side of the screen, out of range, it will still fire the volley from where you are standing (if you use smart cast).

If you cast annies aoe with your mouse anywhere out of range, annie will move to where you clicked to cast the aoe instead of casting it where you stand, behaving similar to other placed skill shots (like yorick W for example)

MeekRhino

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Bump, I'd like to see them always go from where you are in the direction you click, like all other skillshots.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

11-06-2012

bmp

I've never seen an explanation for why just a handful of conic shots work that way. It would be much nicer if they all worked the same way.

FlyingDisc17

11-06-2012

Bump for Cho'Gath's QoL

Sylvr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

I tried to find some functionality differences between the types of moves that might explain why they are different, but I couldn't come up with anything. Some are damage only on both sides, while others have additional effects on both sides. Cast time varies on both sides. Champion types are diverse for both.

I just don't know.

Sylvr

11-06-2012

I wonder which Rioter this kinda discussion would fall to... Probably @Morello, as the lead champion designer. Perhaps @Xypherous, as Riven is one of his champions, or @Guinsoo as he had a hand in both Annie and Cho'Gath (along with @Ezreal). @Coronach made Morde.

Of course, I don't know if the designer is responsible for the exact mechanics of their champion, or if they just give the outline and someone else fills in the blanks.

A cat is fine

11-06-2012

It's probably an internal thing. Lots of things that seem like should be the same system are actually not. Zilean's ult and Guardian Angel use two completely different code paths even though they seem like they should be the same. Annie's W and Ashe's W probably just look the same but have completely different code behind them, so a fix would be really time consuming and wouldn't create that much more value.

ShadowRavenWing

11-06-2012

use smartcast guys it's so much easier

Sylvr

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRavenWing View Post
use smartcast guys it's so much easier
This happens with or without smartcast. Personally, I smartcast everything, and I'm of the opinion that this is MORE noticeable than it would be without smartcast (though still there).

Sylvr

11-06-2012

Bump.

I shouldn't have made this thread on a patch/announcement day. Forever caught in the torrent that is GD front page.

12345612 ... 13