Creative Design AMA - Zed, the Master of Shadows

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheLazyGent

11-06-2012

1, What does Zed think of Akali and Kennen and vice versa?

2, What does Zed think of the other cities? Noxus and Demacia mostly.

3, If Zed knew not to open the box why did he do it?

4, Is Zed proud of what he did? Cause one of his line hint otherwise "What I have done, can not be undone".

pedroricardoo

11-06-2012

What was your goal when creating Zed? I mean, you guys created him to be a good mid laner, but people wont pick an AD mid lanner because of the actual meta... On the top Lane, he will lose pretty badly against almost every champ that can be played on top lane... To me, he is in the same situation as Wukong... Pretty fun champ, but loses to almost anyone on toplane.

CBL Form

11-06-2012

Hi i love the idea of another energy based champion, that class of champions have big problems with the yellow meter, including the mastery.. 10 energy ...

Question 1
Will zed receive teammate or allies like with the trio of ninja shen akali and kennen

Question 2
Will ninja Buff icon ever do anything? Any hints on to what it will do?

Noxii Kai

11-06-2012

Was Zed in love with Akali?

What was the reasoning behind creating Zed as a nemesis for Shen?

Is Shen going to have a visual rework to be more on par with Zed?

Khabi Jenkins

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
I can if you're a bit more specific. What would you like clarified?

We have a LOT of awesome ideas on how to add more to the stories of the three ninjas now that Zed has hit the scene. I can't promise an immediate rework of their bios, but the story of the Kinkou is one we definitely want to develop.
so we have to suffer once again you deleting great lore so that you can hand us trash you half *** and its all ok? with all the server issues riot has, and poor productions from worlds, the ending of the JoJ and now rewritting all of the past histories of the league riot is really showing that they are in the mindset of money - popularity- products- community- functionality.

prove me wrong riot. bring back the JoJ. write lore that flows together without you rewriting to make it work. stop being clowns

Nilous7

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormTheX View Post
Hi i love the idea of another energy based champion, that class of champions have big problems with the yellow meter, including the mastery.. 10 energy ...

Question 1
Will zed receive teammate or allies like with the trio of ninja shen akali and kennen

Question 2
Will ninja Buff icon ever do anything? Any hints on to what it will do?

I am pretty sure the ninja buff icon is an indicator of who triggers the "inverse law of ninjas" hidden passive. ;-)

Demons Keeper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Why didn't you include some sort of item for Zed so he can have an interaction with Shen?; same as Rengar with Kha'zix, y'know like the forbidden box as a purchasable item for him and then if theres a shen in the game and stuff :3 I just really like the concept of allowing us to have our own little "lore" makes me really take in the lore alot more

Captain Flynt

11-06-2012

So, why no doctor skin? :C

I was hoping SO HARD man.

NoxiousIce

11-06-2012

I really like that you guys are bringing out another energy based champion. I've always thought that there were too few. However the large number of assassins coming out is really starting to irk me. 4 out of the last 5 champions released have been assassins, and while all different in play style, they still cater mostly to the same group of people within the community (Dianna, Rengar, Syndra, Kha'zix, Elise, Syndra being the non-assassin,) now with Zed coming out, it feels like it's going to be yet another.

These thoughts bring me to my actual questions: "Are we still going to see the support that was supposed to come out before the end of the year?" and "How will Zed's role on a team differ from most other assassins?"

Mad Hit Monkey

11-06-2012

1. Is the resemblance to The Shredder intentional, or just a neat coincidence?

2. What are Zed's thoughts on Demacia and Noxus?