Ward Slots

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OgGhost

11-06-2012

I love having team mates that ward, but late game everyone has 6 items with no space. It also weakens support champions because they always have to have at least one open, which means one less item. If their was some sort of extra slot just for wards, bring the max amount carried to like 3. I'm pretty sure it would lessen the stress of support and jungle to ward everything, end some stupid fights between team mates, and it would make supporting an all around better experience. With how the meta is looking these days, kill lanes and new meta comps are right around the corner. Just an idea ive had, being stuck solo-que support many times. Let me know what yall think?

Testicle Ketchup

11-06-2012

I came to the forums just now to post this exact idea. Clicked New Topic right as I saw your thread.

Anywho...I was thinking three "mini-slots". One for health pots, one for mana pots and one for wards. If you got elixirs, those would take up an actual slot, because of their potency.

Linear Cannon

11-06-2012

As support main, I don't mind not having a dedicated ward slot, but I think for the sake of team play if the rest of my team had a ward slot they'd be more likely to ward since it wouldn't take up a precious spot for build specific items (in solo queue anyway, group/competitive play I don't think it is necessary).

I would even take this further and say we should have a ward count by summoner and team to see how much people are warding. I think that would stimulate people to try to improve their gameplay with map awareness.

bigusa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

I agree, there should be a consumables slot, for pots and wards.

1 vision ward for river bush
normal ward
boots
health pot,
mana pot,
philo.

no more slots.

Tasty Confection

02-11-2013

I personally feel that having only four or five actual item slots (wards and, if bought one and don't sell it, sightstone) is a balance decision I have to deal with. Do I want to ward, or do I want a more complete build? What you see as a convenience change, I see as a balance shifter. It would likely not make supports any stronger -- they're always hurting for money, and it's unlikely to see them finish a build -- but potentially everyone but the ADC.

Radioraider

02-11-2013

I also agree with this because when I play voli support I tend to ignore the wards late game because I need to focus on my tanking items. Also, others have talked about getting extra slots for things like pots and boots. This is not needed in my opinion because pots are not really used when you reach mid game.

Jiejl

02-11-2013

Sightstone.