Morello Introduces Preseason Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gorfmaster1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

woot season 3 looks awesome

BANE of H3RO

11-07-2012

I always have something to say to these things (good or bad), just to show where I am with these changes.

Items: always good to have variety, there are little to no items for ad casters so those are needed, but the only item I can see worth removing is zeke's hereld, almost all champions, especially supports, have full use out of the item. The longer I look at this item, the more I miss starks fervor. However supports are having issues with warding so much, especially if the enemy grabs an early oracles.

Jungle: for summoners rift, I feel there are improvements needed for this, like where each lane can gank. Mid is ok, if anything maybe a little less ganking space. Top or Bot is something though. Top Blue and Bot Purple have more breathing room than their opponents, who can be cornered in an instant; these places are also a little too easy to ward. It also might be nice to have other minion camps. Lets say top is having a hard time and the enemy jungler is camping it. More creep camps near top can allow you to asisst top more frequently; the same goes for bot, and mid is.... mid. A system like this can allow junglers to farm based on where they are needed most.

Masteries: Always has been needed and i probably will never see the day when it doesn't, but improvements are improvments. Some of them are so useless like deadliness, ironically it isn't even close, maxed out u get 9 ad at level 18, costing 4 of your 30 spend points, what a waste, only reason to use it is for the one mastery right after it. Since the last time the masteries were changed, not many have maxed utility.

Summoner Spells: this is personally my favorite topic; unfortunately I dont like what has been said. 1st off flash was fine, why does it need a nerf? Ignite was important for those who were healed too much, swain, mundo, warwick, the list goes on: a nerf on this is a buff to those champions/builds who are among thast of the champions who need a buff. Supports don't grab Clairvoyance anymore, clarity is a waste of a spell to me and even more so with every new mana-less champion, and I havent seen one game where someone brought promote (without trolling anyway). As for surge, it is almost useless with out a movement speed advantage, it is a spell for hybrid champions, most to all being melee. Out of all these spells, there are some you can never go wrong with, some you will be laughed at if you take, others under-appreciated. after playing this for over 2 years, the one thing i miss is fortify, a spell that made people think twice, have bought teams time, and even turn games around when used right. It was used little when it was around, but I wanted to punch something when it was removed. Although there was some things that made it overpowered, I still don't think it was worth removing when all was needed were a few nerfs, like with heal, others used within a certain time had only half the effect, fortify could've had something where it couldnt be used for a certain time after used, or affect turrets within a certain radius instead of a global effect. To see this spell make a comeback would make the dissapointments I've had of the past year (whether this game or something else) semi-worth it (too many dissapointments to count [most under other]).

This is my say in it, anyone can say something about it but no downvotes without a reason (reguarding the game), those who don't I only see as people trolling to say "hahahaha" or something (no offense to those who don't belong in this group). And If uor are reading this riot, please consider what I have said in to consideration - I'm not saying "You must or do everything I have presented to you" or anything like that, just consider it.

Get Nerfed

11-07-2012

so whens the next update and when is refunds being fixed

Letkhar

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I just don't think the meta is about lane assignment distribution. It's like saying football has low strategy because there's only one Quarterback every game - it's not actually important.

I'm more interested in the types of character diversity and team strats as a meta - protect-the-Kog, poke/heal, AoE Spooge, rush/push and delay comps are what our meta is currently comprised of, and I just can't agree that that is "stale."
Yeah, well, a lot of people disagree with you.

Banpan

11-07-2012

All I have to ask is; will Trundle be viable?

Boss Niji

11-07-2012

Wow these changes are REALLY exciting, especially the support buffs and induction of a certain shielding spell to other maps (it is currently by far my favorite summoner spell on most champions along with teleport!)!

ChuckNorrisGG

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
[aws3]news/November_2012/2012_11_06_Morello_Response/Morello_post.jpg[/aws3]

Hey folks,

As recently outlined, we’re going to be taking the opportunity to roll out some gameplay changes during the Preseason that we think will make League of Legends even better. Overall, we’re really satisfied with the diversity of champions that are viable at all levels of competition, and the variety of winning strategies that are out there. But we think there are ways we can still improve game pacing, champion diversity within roles, and customization options. The Preseason gives us an opportunity to look at some of the underlying systems that define the game, and make improvements there.

Items: One of the biggest places we feel we can add some interesting strategic decisions to is the item system. Many of you have told us that you’d like to see more build variety, and more interesting gameplay on items. We couldn’t agree more!

You’ll see some rebalancing of the existing items, but there’s also a slew of brand new items to spark your imagination and reward your ingenuity.

Xypherous will be giving some juicy, juicy details on this, but here are a few things to expect:

• Underserved classes (AD Casters, for example) will get more items targeted specifically at their role
  • Most of your old favorites will be sticking around – we want more options, but we don’t want the item shop to be totally alien
  • A few items that have been challenging to elegantly balance are being removed in favor of the new options
  • We’re taking a look at overall gold and stat balancing
  • Many old items have received new upgrade paths or additional upgrade paths
  • Supports are getting some items to help ease the ward burden in longer games

This is the biggest change and, frankly, it’s pretty damn exciting. We’re really interested to see what people discover, and we’re confident this will help add some diversity and interesting choice to how you’ll be building your champions in the future.

Jungle: Much like we did at the start of Season 2, we’ll be featuring jungle mechanics changes for this preseason as well.

We liked a lot of the flow and feel improvements to the jungle (opened up non-safe junglers, more ganks, etc.), but there’re some things we can still improve. We had two major goals here: to add to the number of viable junglers, and to change the gank flow to ensure that the jungler isn’t the only role that defines the flow of the game during the laning phase.

Statikk will be revealing more complete details on the changes, but we believe this will have some positive effects on the metagame and improve champion viability, even in lane. We’ve even included new jungle-specific items (now there’s more than just Madred’s!)

Masteries: Another big opportunity is masteries. While we want to add variety to your mastery choices, there are also few specific areas we want to improve:

• Going deep in the Utility Tree is currently underwhelming
  • Early flat Magic Resistance and Armor prevent people from being killed even if they get really outplayed in lane
  • There aren’t enough “cool” masteries

To this effect, FeralPony’s been busy taking a jackhammer to our masteries to fix these problems – all the while looking for opportunities to add more interesting things to mastery builds. He’ll be on hand later in the week to talk about the changes in-depth, and to dig into a few specific examples.

Summoner Spells: Last, and definitely not least, we’re taking a look at our summoner spells. A couple sneak peeks:

• We’ve raised the cooldowns of popular summoner spells (Flash, Ignite, etc.) in lieu of nerfing their power
  • We’ve added a certain shielding spell from Proving Grounds, and made it so Heal is actually a support skill
  • We’re generally buffing some of the weaker skills up!

It’s our hope that these changes will give you more options for customizing your spells to suit your own playstyle or the needs in a given matchup while keeping the cool gameplay of the existing favorites. While I’d love to take credit for actually buffing stuff, good guy Roku is heading this up, so I’ll save the grand reveal for him.

This is an initiative we believe will add even more strategic diversity to League of Legends, and introduce new gameplay to master.

Let’s be clear: this will be an iterative process. We know that your games are going to play out differently than you’re used to and we’ll be watching like a hawk for any issues that we need to patch. If there’s something that’s really breaking your game experience, we won’t be afraid to hotfix things under extreme circumstances. Be sure to keep your feedback coming throughout the preseason, and look for more specifics on upcoming changes from Xypherous, Statikk, FeralPony, and Roku in the next few days!

Hail noble citizen, i wish to converse with you oh great nerfmaster,
can you make a unicorn champion PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEE <3 ?

Seedy Senpai

11-07-2012

I've only played for a few weeks, but it doesn't take a veteran to see how flippin' sweet these changes are gonna be! It's so awesome to see game staff actually care about the game they helped make. Keep it up, guys! ^ -^

Resets for Noxus

11-07-2012

Hey Morello.

I heard some rumors that Teemo will be removed, but I think that he is an important staple in the game. Think about it! Many summoners have chosen Teemo as a favorite, as I have. With Teemo removed, there would be no real counter-ADC. Also, with so many Teemo fans, you are bound to lose some business! The summoners who bought Teemo would have to be refunded, resulting in loss of currently existing profits, and simply because Riot thinks he should leave does not mean the rest of us do.

The Legit Rango

11-07-2012

Master Yi re-skin please Like for Soraka and Ashe