Morello Introduces Preseason Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blueballs Mat

11-07-2012

You guys gotta stop nerfing ignite and flash. That's a bad move

notrangerjoe

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Well, that's not a good solution because it prevents it being an escape, making it more favored in gap-close assassins and fighters.

Flash will still be used, I can't imagine it not.
In order to catch someone you need at least one more gap closer than they have escapes (or an equal number if you catch them out of position). The balance of this is drastically thrown off because of flash's long cooldown. Not everyone has flash up or down at the same time. A difference in gap closers/escapes on the assassin/bruiser and the AD carry means the life or death of the AD carry and likely the entire teamfight.

As someone who plays a lot of assassins (and melee characters in general) the fact that anyone can instantly move 400 distance in any direction at any time is very annoying.

AggressivSupport

11-07-2012

WELL DONE!! i am looking forward to these awesome changes! ^^

2xHero

11-07-2012

Quote:
There are some variants that are popping up, though not sure on their long-term viability. Cait/Corki mid with 2x bruiser bot, for example.

My thought is that in most solo queue games, you should do a standard approach because it's easier to coordinate with random people that way. In 5's, I think experimentation is much more open (IE Froggen's Lee mid). There's a lot still out there!
It's a shame because 2x bruiser bot is my absolute favorite lane to play, but I hardly ever get to do it because I cannot always play with my friends, and it's "not allowed' in solo queue or even normals.

So many players that I encounter seem to think that ADC absolutely need the protection of a 0-CS support to farm effectively, despite that Cait/Corki/Ezreal/Graves/Tristana/MF, etc. are all very strong solo laners. So many players think that all bruisers need the farm of a solo lane to be effective, despite that Alistar/Blitz/Leona/Jarvan/Maokai, etc. are all effective as junglers or 0-CS where they would have low farm anyway.

It also would be really cool if more AP champions could be more competitive in the jungle - particularly Fiddlesticks and Heimerdinger. I know that Fiddlesticks, Diana, and Elise are viable junglers, but they are still rarely great picks for the jungle.

NiBlack

11-07-2012

Unless ignite and flash receive cooldowns like 5 minutes I don't think it changes, a lot.

Did you guys thought about "teamwide" summoner spells pool? Like there only can be 2 this same summoners spells per team. (The biggest problem would be ofc. solo queue and "Ignite + Flash or feed", but for 3v3 5v5 premade teams it could be interesting concepts).

MevenS153

11-07-2012

Nerfs... Nerfs on Fizz please? ._.

Aradmir

11-07-2012

Quote:
This is the rundown of what to expect. The other guys are doing detailed reveals on each section this week, and then you'll get every single detail in the patch notes.

Early details are a problem because we're changing things daily - all that does if you say something is happening, then change it is make people mad.
Anyone else thinking of that episode of The Office (US) where Charles Miner wants Jim to give a rundown and he has no idea what that means?

hollowtek

11-07-2012

make...master..yi...VIABLE.

Demon Werewolf

11-07-2012

i'm scared for the jungle changes i hope they still keep it recognizable flash and ignite needed the nerf it was basically you always used those spells no others can't wait to see the new items but again i'm afraid they remove my favorite items i just don't know what to think so far fingers crossed for the patch

archmagus15

11-07-2012

heres a good 1 for you guys please help karthus hes needs upgrading to be more effective at what he does or atleast release items to help him out