Morello Introduces Preseason Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkulblakaBlödh

11-07-2012

change the whole game why don't you! This better be good! Or i will slay your children's children's children's sister's aunt!

knightfall777

11-07-2012

It sounds like you are making junglers more powerful. With more viable junglers, barrier, and extra cd on flash. I just hope not too many more junglers get viable. Can you imagine a talon, or kat jungle? That could suck. Also i think barrier is a very bad idea. Imagine how bad you could turret dive with that. I can see the ganks on mid now 3 all with barrier and turret dive. While the talon jungle jumps first so your bleeding and silenced. And uh oh my flash is still on cd lol. Well i hope it doesnt get that bad but those are my fears. Ah i can just imagine barrier on hecarim now ult ,turret dive barrier, triple kill, E and escape.

Useless Pancake

11-07-2012

I'm so far loving the update patch notes,
but one question: Do you guys plan to remake/buff/whatever the hugely unpopular champions anytime soon? (Like Heimerdinger, Karma, etc.)

I play Heimerdinger often, and I'm sick of people telling me that I'm a n00b at champion select and/or leaving queue because I am "troll-picking."

I mean I love playing this champ so much, but it is true that he is hugely underpowered especially considering the newest champions. (His ult is basically a slow, whereas for some champions slow is a passive effect)

I wanna hear if you have any plans for that! Thanks, keep up the good work.

TisTheWay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

excited about the new changes

Rileyfish11

11-07-2012

Thanks again Morello! I'm really looking forward to the new ward feature, the new jungle, and the new masteries! We appreciate the hard work you guys put in for us I would love to suggest something, even though I'm not sure this is the place to do so... Concerning ranked queues, I would love you guys to input a feature that allows you to select a role before queuing, so that there is no confusion in the team chat beforehand, and so supports can be found more often

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
There are some variants that are popping up, though not sure on their long-term viability. Cait/Corki mid with 2x bruiser bot, for example.

My thought is that in most solo queue games, you should do a standard approach because it's easier to coordinate with random people that way. In 5's, I think experimentation is much more open (IE Froggen's Lee mid). There's a lot still out there!
Perhaps so! I have a plan going with a friend of mine to try Veigar + Fiddle bot. With MPen runes and Fiddle's passive, you start with the enemy at 0 effective MR. (If they both take teleport, there are some lulzy possibilities for ganks: in bot, Fiddle and Veigar wander into a bush; three seconds later, in mid, CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH.) I've also run Veigar + Sona bot (and top), and found it can sort of work, despite the XP problem: you just have to generate enough poke to force them out of lane. Sometimes, even in solo queue, you can do well with a "surprise" strat. e.g. with 2v1 top, it works great so long as your bot is prepared and has a plan for doing better than the enemy top. All that said, I dunno, I'm not yet convinced that any of these are viable strats. I've heard stories of organized teams pulling them off.

1+1+2+J isn't half bad as a lanecomp meta (at least everyone knows the playbook when it only contains one play), but it would be awesome if the community also worked out some alternate strategies. I'm still a little skeptical, especially about the number of viable duo lanes: ADC + Support just has a LOT going for it economically. But who knows? I do miss the old days, when I was sub-30 and you could have mages in duo lanes and whatnot. Maybe people will start to crack 1+1+2+J.

I've seen double bruiser bot (seems like: works if you bait the enemy into lots of early brawls, fails otherwise), but I've never heard of Cait + Corki mid. How does that work goldwise? Is the idea just to harass the enemy mid back? Wouldn't ADC+Support (e.g. Sona + Graves) do that better?

HypnoticPoison

Master Recruiter

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
While you're here, care to tell us if RiotNome and BuffMePlz will have their own panel during the week? They're pretty much at least as important imo (I'd put BuffMePlz at the top actually, then Items, then Nome, then jungle, then Spells/Masteries... sorry Roku)

Oh and also maybe Nyandalee/PhageQuit or whoever is in charge of the PBE, though he/she/that(being superior to a he/she) comes after everyone else since it hits the smallest population...
I agree with him.. Our "State of the Game" address should include those from the Twisted Treeline/ Dominion, Coop-Vs-AI, and the PBE as well. Equal rights for all game modes!

xNEKAxBOOx

11-07-2012

i dont know why we even voice our opinions... ive seen thousands of ppl on this site saying please dont change the old twiseted tree line look what happened..or when its free champ rotation always the same ones... dont get me wrong i love u roit but ur customer service kinda sucks..all these changes u guys are maken some are great and some are not why dont you start listening to what ur customers want

DecafLatte

11-07-2012

I hope people realize flash cannot be rid off at this point already. There are way too many gap closer/blink champions released that flash is necessary for the rest of the champions to deal with them.

Increasing cool-down is just going to nerf no-escape/no-gap-closer champions indirectly (or buff gap closers indirectly)

Nogarde

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderSpace View Post
By nerfing Flash you just rebuffed Graves, Corki and Ezreal inadvertently.
you forgot Caitlyn. and that's only if your talking about ADC's.