Morello Introduces Preseason Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

11-06-2012
10 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obduracy View Post
That's the problem though... you guys aren't doing enough to fix Flash. You have been increasing the cooldown on it for two years (including one or two range reductions) but it is STILL the most used summoner spell, period. Doesn't this mean that there is a larger design flaw with the spell?

Besides that, I hope these changes will change the popular meta in LoL for once... having sustain solo top, mid, carry/support bot with a jungler is getting stale after all this time.
I just don't think the meta is about lane assignment distribution. It's like saying football has low strategy because there's only one Quarterback every game - it's not actually important.

I'm more interested in the types of character diversity and team strats as a meta - protect-the-Kog, poke/heal, AoE Spooge, rush/push and delay comps are what our meta is currently comprised of, and I just can't agree that that is "stale."

ploki122

11-06-2012

While you're here, care to tell us if RiotNome and BuffMePlz will have their own panel during the week? They're pretty much at least as important imo (I'd put BuffMePlz at the top actually, then Items, then Nome, then jungle, then Spells/Masteries... sorry Roku)

Oh and also maybe Nyandalee/PhageQuit or whoever is in charge of the PBE, though he/she/that(being superior to a he/she) comes after everyone else since it hits the smallest population...

CurtainSales

11-06-2012

new maps

Leafeyawn

11-06-2012

Barrier absolutely must not be added to Summoner's Rift. Ganking junglers will be even harder to play, and if your jungler's kit is based on their ultimate, they'll be completely unviable from now on.

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I just don't think the meta is about lane assignment distribution. It's like saying football has low strategy because there's only one Quarterback every game - it's not actually important.

I'm more interested in the types of character diversity and team strats as a meta - protect-the-Kog, poke/heal, AoE Spooge, rush/push and delay comps are what our meta is currently comprised of, and I just can't agree that that is "stale."
Wait, who calls it that? O_o

I feel...dirty.

Anyway, the most stale thing I see about the current meta is 1+1+2+J and that the only viable duo-laner is a Support/0-CSer. But I believe you've already heard from me on that point. I don't think Summoner spells have much to do with it.

Macoronisos

11-06-2012

All things considered, I believe people should use summoner spells to fit their style of gameplay and what works well for them, flash and ignite really hinder that because it's so hard to work around flash. I agree that it can be used to make plays, but personally, ive seen that outside of lane phase. While you are laning flash is a "get the hell away from the jungler when a overextend" tool. I also see it on support way too often as well. If you buy wards and dont overextend you dont need flash but it is soo defensive in lane phase that you cant capitolize on overaggresion in lane.

Personally, I think instead of nerfing flash you should get rid of it. Now, i can already here about the champions that don't have escape abilities. Fore one, most champions do. On another note, earl warnings from wards can give you time to escape without flash. and fially, if you play a champion without escape, then don't overextend in lane.

I personally think flash is just an excuse to push a lane to far and to try and shut a player down early, which almost never works anyways. Nerfed or not, I will continue to use other summoner spells under the right conditions, these conditions being ward coverage and the enemy jungler/middle champions.

Riot does a great job of diversity with the summoner spells already, but people neglect how strong they are because they can't balance their aggresioon without flash.

Yäkshä

11-06-2012

Let me get this out to you right now riot. You need new 5v5 maps. Ive been playing league for so long and league is losing out on its pizzazz cuz its so REPETITIVE on its map. Since there is variety on the character designs and gameplay, you need variety on mapping so that you can have new strategic pin points during these game plays. And sorry to say i was NOT a fan of dominion because even though it was about capturing bases type style, it did not feed my hunger for a better 5 v 5 map that we push to nexus. Please review this comment nd if u want some suggestion let me know. My friends and I have been playing less and less cuz of the repetitiveness even though we spent lots of money for skins, its losing our interest.

Professor Maple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-06-2012

Morello you keep getting my hopes up when I've seen that you've posted in this thread. In the words of Elton John "don't go breaking my heart"

gh0stship

11-06-2012

mr morello , we need at least 3 new summoner spells ,3 new item and 3 new "cool" masteries. not enough choices. how bout something unique.. thanks.

Grigorian Tutor

11-06-2012

Quote:
I was really upset to learn Wooglet's Witchcap was not for Rift, AP Casters only have Lich Bane as a movespeed option that actually fits into a build.
Red already confirmed in another thread that they will be removing FoN from the shop and the the MS on LB and placing MS bonus else.

I just hope the support items are good and actually do something this time around.