Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Morello Introduces Preseason Updates

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vayne Moonshine

11-06-2012

hmm

Mysterage

11-06-2012

Thank you Morello. I realize you are hella busy all the time, but more updates like these to the community would lead to less patch day shell shock. I for one know I hate when I see something I've relied upon for a long time (sometimes years) being drastically changed overnight (Karthus ult cooldowns, and Sona's self Infuse as 2 examples.)

I would ask you to please keep all old items in the shop, however. If an item is hard to balance, or you believe it is OP, slowly increase the price of it, simple. It will get to when a champion wants it so incredibly bad, they will pay that 3, 4+k gold to get it in game, or have to decide how many other, cheaper items could work just as well, if not better. Also, hooray for AD casters, and support getting some love. Could some of those sweet new items from TT be seeing an appearance in SR? I am sad to say I really don't dig the new TT as much as I thought at first, and have honestly only played 2 games of it, but I love what I read of those items. A "Burning Torch" AP item? Heck yeah!

As for those SS changes, I'm glad that if Flash + Ignite is being nerfed, it's only to CD's, and not effect. So many features of LoL that don't need to get nerfed as hard as they have, should have only seen small CD reductions. Even though I loathed & hated it (and still do) the nerf to Requiem had its effect seen instantly in the last Fall playoffs for MLG. I don't think that Flash necessarily will ever, ever become anything other than the #1 pick for SS's, simply because its usefulness is far too great for every single champion in the game, not to mention the poor ones whom have no escape mechanism whatsoever (Elise...*COUGH COUGH!*). For one, I'd like to see Surge (which btw I think you should rename Empower, just sounds better) and Promote each buffed substantially. Surge is great on a lot of champions, but just not good on others. Could it have a bit stronger effect, and better improvement for having the mastery? I don't think this would make it OP, but far more attractive, even though it still has that eternally long CD. As for Promote, this whole thing needs a complete rework. Since it becomes completely worthless late game (IE, cannot use it on Super Minions) could you instead fix it so that every lane which has Super Minions, could instead spawn one extra Siege Rider per wave? That way, the SS isn't wasted in a late game push, if all inhibs are down, and you are stuck with 1/2 the usable SS' everyone else in game has. Lastly, do something with Revive, cuz as of now it's pretty much just worthless. Just some ideas.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention, I love how the utility tree is going to get buffed, and how we will have more "cool" masteries. No offense, but most in Off/Def now seem, well, as bland as a plain hamburger. Please keep the gold & XP generation masteries, and pretty much all of the ones in utility, those are the most fun. Oh and the move speed ones, as well. Mostly anything that has a rune to go along with it, but just find a way for it to be a bit more exciting than just "I do more damage now" or "I'm a tankier, rawr", yay.

Please keep us informed on upcoming changes, good job, and good luck in the future!

Packinheat

11-06-2012

I played WCIII The Frozen Throne back in the day and they did a cool thing that I think you should incorporate into the game. They had icons that you could unlock depending how many wins you had with a certain race and even some for random. You should make it so that when you reach certain wins with a champion that it unlocks a different icon and maybe even ultimately certain skins. 25/75/150/300/500/750/1000 wins. Just something to think about.

Packinheat

11-06-2012

Have you ever thought of hosting tournaments through the actual game?

HateLosFate

11-06-2012

i know its stupid request... but i am in a university and during holidays and free time rather than drinking beer we want to enjoy some competition with friends with LOL ..i know it not ur problem ..but i love the game.. adore it and want to play at least 2 games a day.. but the site is blocked and we cannot install updates ... and dream abt playing ...if possible.. plz make https link of ur site and updates and game accessible thru https ... plz just if you can ... i really wanna play. I m not sure if this is possible.. but any alternatives would be cool . and the game is great ..thanks for it.

VenocShrub

11-06-2012

Flash nerf?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19776969/FlashMeme/template.jpg

Boats

11-06-2012

Quote:
Morello:

We’ve raised the cooldowns of popular summoner spells (Flash, Ignite, etc.) in lieu of nerfing their power

Flash is never going to NOT be the go-to summoner spell unless it's completely removed. People love flash, stop nerfing it!

GrizlakMonger

11-06-2012

I don't know if I like the idea of getting rid of flat magic resistance and armor masteries. I like how right now there are multiple ways to play the game or play your champ in lane. If you want to sacrifice offense or movement speed or mana regen for tankiness, I think that should be an option. I don't want to decrease play style options. Also, I really do hope that that isn't hinting at putting barrier in summoners rift. That summoner spell is what has made ARAM's get old for me. Want to talk about something that lets someone get away despite being vastly outplayed? So lets take the 6 flat MR from masteries.

So lets say you are playing mid and start with 500 hp at level one but you have 36 MR from masteries as opposed to 30 (assuming no MR runes). Now you take 73.5% of damage as opposed to 76.9% of magic damage. Your effective health against magic damage is now 680hp instead of 650hp vs magic damage. You've gained 30 level 1 HP only against magic damage. That increase will become less significant as you gain more resistance through items. 30 effective health will save you on some occasions from death, but at the same time you want to put barrier in the game, which I honestly think ruins so much aggression and "outplaying" on Proving Grounds.

The main concern is that the game becomes to bursty. When fights start getting to short, you actually decrease the amount of skill in the fights. It becomes about who can blow all their cooldown's fastest to maximize dps rather than strategically saving skills and making superior targeting/dodging/teamfight decisions. I won't mind burst strats being more viable, but I don't want it to be the only real good strategy. True, barrier counteracts that kind of thing, but now instead of outplaying each other, you are making the champion abilities/summoners more important the the players skill.

WalmartLowPrice

Recruiter

11-06-2012

Defense masteries will be nerfed? (Magic Resist, Armor)

How about the Offense masteries then? (Magic Penetration , Armor Penetration )

I thought they were there to balance each other out. You might as well remove both defense and offense masteries then.

Arcanac

11-06-2012

This question doesn't have much to do with the patch. But love the new ideas coming to the game. Especially excited about the new jungle. One thing I have been curious about for the game, the recommended item spot in the store. Will there ever be an option to make that a wishlist type spot, where you can put items you want to build on your champ so we don't have to waste time cycling through the store?

I play many champions regularly, and I sometimes forget what I specifically buy for each, which leads to spending more time then needed at the store remembering what I have to buy.

Also, funny suggestion. Some champions get a hidden buff/debuff with others around. Multiple ninjas, or Zilean and Volibear. Will there ever be a buff called..oh..i dont know. Yordles Unite, that gives a team of 5 yordles a buff?