Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Morello Introduces Preseason Updates

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphaDown77

11-06-2012

Quote:
Rettrow:
They are increasing the cooldown, not the range of flash or damage of ignite.

Exactly why I said you COULDN'T flash over any wall, and gave a small number to ignite

MoeMoe

11-06-2012

Quote:
Consecratedhound:
Great another jungle nerf. It used to require you to pay attention then they changed it so nearly any champ in the game can jungle with cloth 5 with no problem. Will we even need pots any more? Will I be able to play with my feet now?

Its not a jungle "nerf" just another revamp. They did this before and it wasn't a bad change. Look at the glass half full and hope for the best

awsomesauce97

11-06-2012

Quote:
MeanFacedJohnny:
If you do the math the gp5's almost never even end up paying for themselves. Gp5's are just sacrificing aura items and defensive items for your support.

Heart of Gold - 825 gold for 20 more health than a ruby crystal and 5 gold per ten seconds.

Unless my math is wrong it takes 27 minutes or so to make back the money you spent on a Heart of Gold.

I don't think you took into account the sell price of the item being 412 for the heart of gold meaning for the item to truly make you money you would only need to generate 413 which will take about just under 13 and a half minutes which makes it a cheap early game item with some fair benefits but also a place holder for a much better item all the while sacrificing no gold if it is owned for 13 minutes which (if purchased early) will be either just out of mid game or near the end of mid game making it essentially a free item.

Flennel

11-06-2012

Will the gp/10 runes be useful at all for support? (Planning to buy, but not sure)

MoeMoe

11-06-2012

Quote:
Cotik:
Riot, you have done an incredible job at this game. This is the first time i have had such a passionate involvement with a game so far. You created a whole world out of nothing and made a big community to have not just a game, but a mind and emotional sport to relate with.
I really think that your ideas to generate diversity and a wider variety of gameplay are really smart and imaginative.
However, you need to realize that nerfing a champion or item to the ground is not always the way to go. I really feel that you have to take contribution from us, the eagerly expentant players, who doesnt like to see that veigar doesnt fullfillhis role anymore with just 1 nerf to an item (just an example, not tryign to make any discussion here), or an irelia nerfed soooo many times until youu realize you left her behind other champs. I know youu cant get everybody to be happy at the same time, but at least you can influence your thought process with our acceptance or complete reluctance. You have the numbers, the statistics, if some champ or item is winning too many games, it obviously deserves a nerf (or a new balanced mechanic to counter it), but not destroying the entire concept. I would suggest that you put things on the vote table, a one vote per summoner question that would finnally decide how far the nerf is going, comments could be posted (under the refference of how the vote is going), from people making numbers on how the nerf would impact the game, so that voters have a more informed decision. That could be usefull for you too, to decide wich is the correct way to go.
We love your game, but the community is also frustrated that our favorite champs are nerfed until they are useless and there is nothing we can do about it.
I would rather see champions buffed to pair the strong-guy's minor advantages (BTW, Nasus really needs a tweak, he has no competitive potential), than a champion rendered unplayable. Listen more carefully to us, there are ways you can predict if a champ is turned weak with a nerf, or overpowered with a buff. Just listen to us. LOVE your game. Good luck with this new season, we will also keep eagle eyes on you

Irelia is Not behind at all. She was overpowered before and they evened the playing field. I do not play her myself but I have played against her quite often and she more often than not does very well. If you don't like the kit post an explanation with hard facts because Viegar does fill his roll still he is again just evened out with other champions.

Baxter900

11-06-2012

Quote:
Zess:
w00t, maybe playing Pantheon and Renekton be viable again!

But as an ADC main, I'd like to see how it will impact my game play. Can't wait!

Pantheon is already pretty viable so they'll probably nerf him a little with the new items { }

same with talon...

Renekton needs the items though, and hopefully it will make Khazix less of an all or nothing jungle(ie. You either build armor and don't do that much damage but you survive, or you build pure ad and decimate the laning phase but during mid-late game you suicide a team fight and hopefully take a few champions with you first. He's really good laning phase though )

MeanFacedJohnny

11-06-2012

Quote:
awsomesauce97:
I don't think you took into account the sell price of the item being 412 for the heart of gold meaning for the item to truly make you money you would only need to generate 413 which will take about just under 13 and a half minutes which makes it a cheap early game item with some fair benefits but also a place holder for a much better item all the while sacrificing no gold if it is owned for 13 minutes which (if purchased early) will be either just out of mid game or near the end of mid game making it essentially a free item.

Then why do I see sooo many people ENDING the game with their gp5's still sitting in their inventory.

I'd rather get an early Aegis and be an actual help to my team.

Edit: Wouldn't that just put you back to what you would have been 13 minutes ago?

Omnidestrophic

11-06-2012

So let's get this right. We are going to nerf flash again, all though it is pretty much useless now. And then i have another thing to say. I would enjoy a complete elo reset the reason being is because this is a new season. That means it is set apart from the last season. Since it is a soft reset that does not make it a new season, it just adds on to season 2 making it season 2.5.

But other then the elo not being hard reset i have no problems. But i will probably stop playing if the elo is just soft reset. It makes no sense for the elo to not be reset completely. It is a new season so that should mean a new elo. It is logical, and it keeps players because people like starting over, look at COD franchise with the prestige thing.

Arrogant Egotist

11-06-2012

Quote:
awsomesauce97:

not to mention that the GP5 ability itself is only costing you a little under 350 gold since the ruby crystals health bonus was priced at 475 and then it gives 20 extra health above that 475 cost so it's more like your paying 300 gold for the ability so if you keep the item for anywhere over 10 minutes then build it into a randuins or a solaris your technically getting your moneys worth, and that's the most expensive GP10 item in the game.

The MAIN reason you want to be getting GP10 items isn't for some quick and easy burst of 500 gold or something simplistic like that, it's because it slowly gives you gold while your sitting back and waiting for the big fights. so when you spend about 30 minutes of the game not getting gold from anything but sitting about you will almost always come up short especially since the support is expected to divide their gold on wards/oracles/potions as well as being the first one in and the last one out of a fight all the while going out of their way not to take the creep farm or the player kills. When you think of it that way if your the support, every single piece of gold counts.

Quackas

11-06-2012

Are we going to see any new game play mechanics in the season 3 or just tweaks to the already existing mechanics?