Morello Introduces Preseason Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cotik

11-06-2012

Riot, you have done an incredible job at this game. This is the first time i have had such a passionate involvement with a game so far. You created a whole world out of nothing and made a big community to have not just a game, but a mind and emotional sport to relate with.
I really think that your ideas to generate diversity and a wider variety of gameplay are really smart and imaginative.
However, you need to realize that nerfing a champion or item to the ground is not always the way to go. I really feel that you have to take contribution from us, the eagerly expentant players, who doesnt like to see that veigar doesnt fullfillhis role anymore with just 1 nerf to an item (just an example, not tryign to make any discussion here), or an irelia nerfed soooo many times until youu realize you left her behind other champs. I know youu cant get everybody to be happy at the same time, but at least you can influence your thought process with our acceptance or complete reluctance. You have the numbers, the statistics, if some champ or item is winning too many games, it obviously deserves a nerf (or a new balanced mechanic to counter it), but not destroying the entire concept. I would suggest that you put things on the vote table, a one vote per summoner question that would finnally decide how far the nerf is going, comments could be posted (under the refference of how the vote is going), from people making numbers on how the nerf would impact the game, so that voters have a more informed decision. That could be usefull for you too, to decide wich is the correct way to go.
We love your game, but the community is also frustrated that our favorite champs are nerfed until they are useless and there is nothing we can do about it.
I would rather see champions buffed to pair the strong-guy's minor advantages (BTW, Nasus really needs a tweak, he has no competitive potential), than a champion rendered unplayable. Listen more carefully to us, there are ways you can predict if a champ is turned weak with a nerf, or overpowered with a buff. Just listen to us. LOVE your game. Good luck with this new season, we will also keep eagle eyes on you

SilentSushii

11-06-2012

I'm stoked! end the season already!

AlphaDown77

11-06-2012

Got to love the support items that might help with the constant need for wards

But,
"We’ve raised the cooldowns of popular summoner spells (Flash, Ignite, etc.) in lieu of nerfing their power"

Got to say, not liking that flash is being nerfed again, and now ignite. Pretty soon you wont be even to flash over any wall and ignite will do like 50HP.

let the downvotes roll in

yekZx

11-06-2012

Putting barrier in Summoner's Rift might be the worst idea ever.

yekZx

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDown77 View Post

But,
"We’ve raised the cooldowns of popular summoner spells (Flash, Ignite, etc.) in lieu of nerfing their power"

Got to say, not liking that flash is being nerfed again, and now ignite. Pretty soon you wont be even to flash over any wall and ignite will do like 50HP.

They are increasing the cooldown, not the range of flash or damage of ignite.

HadesStreet

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDown77 View Post

But,

ETC implies that spells like exhaust,teleport, or even ghost may be nerfed as well.

Consecratedhound

11-06-2012

Great another jungle nerf. It used to require you to pay attention then they changed it so nearly any champ in the game can jungle with cloth 5 with no problem. Will we even need pots any more? Will I be able to play with my feet now?

MoeMoe

11-06-2012

I've always had trouble with support be nice to get some free wards or something along those lines Cant wait to see it

Articuno XI

11-06-2012

i don't like that you're nerfing ignite

Cotik

11-06-2012

Riot, you have done an incredible job at this game. This is the first time i have had such a passionate involvement with a game so far. You created a whole world out of nothing and made a big community to have not just a game, but a mind and emotional sport to relate with.
I really think that your ideas to generate diversity and a wider variety of gameplay are really smart and imaginative.
However, you need to realize that nerfing a champion or item to the ground is not always the way to go. I really feel that you have to take contribution from us, the eagerly expentant players, who doesnt like to see that veigar doesnt fullfillhis role anymore with just 1 nerf to an item (just an example, not tryign to make any discussion here), or an irelia nerfed soooo many times until youu realize you left her behind other champs. I know youu cant get everybody to be happy at the same time, but at least you can influence your thought process with our acceptance or complete reluctance. You have the numbers, the statistics, if some champ or item is winning too many games, it obviously deserves a nerf (or a new balanced mechanic to counter it), but not destroying the entire concept. I would suggest that you put things on the vote table, a one vote per summoner question that would finnally decide how far the nerf is going, comments could be posted (under the refference of how the vote is going), from people making numbers on how the nerf would impact the game, so that voters have a more informed decision. That could be usefull for you too, to decide wich is the correct way to go.
We love your game, but the community is also frustrated that our favorite champs are nerfed until they are useless and there is nothing we can do about it.
I would rather see champions buffed to pair the strong-guy's minor advantages (BTW, Nasus really needs a tweak, he has no competitive potential), than a champion rendered unplayable. Listen more carefully to us, there are ways you can predict if a champ is turned weak with a nerf, or overpowered with a buff. Just listen to us. LOVE your game. Good luck with this new season, we will also keep eagle eyes on you