Morello Introduces Preseason Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weezy Baybay

11-06-2012

Hey, I LOVE this game and the updates seem awesome! That being said, I was also wondering if there is any headway being made on a new deathmatch map. Having just 1 more fighting map could more than double the entertainment value of this game. I feel that it can't be too hard to make another symmetrical/mirror image map, but am curious of your opinions. Would really like to see a new map in the near future. Looking forward to the updates!

Professor Maple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-06-2012

When can we expect the detailed posts on what is coming? Should I be F5ing or will it be later in the week?

Besteality

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekoth View Post
IMO it would be really nice if the utility masteries at advanced ranks had an extra solot just for wards so supports can advance on their build while they can also keep warding the map, it would be cool specially on mid/lategame
One of the best ideas I've heard in a LONG time.

Nice one.

Harutan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflaack View Post
Does anybody think that <INSERT CHAMPION NAME HERE> with barrier will allow him to tower dive very early in the game?

fixed it for ya

Morello

Lead Designer

11-06-2012
3 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Radish View Post
Change is scary . Similar to most people, I worry balance changes will hurt the champions I have come to love the most. On the other hand, I know that these changes are for the better and they will progress the game to a better state. I also hope that by adapting to the new balances I can progress to become a better player.

Regardless of my concerns, I am really excited for what is coming season 3. Keep up the great work Riot!
It is scary - that's my primary concern to start is making sure that this doesn't change League fundamentally, but instead improves it (people like League, don't wanna change that!)

A lot of the feedback we've received has been focused on lack of item variety, and our jungle analysis has pointed to a number of problems to fix and opportunities we can take to make more champs viable and make jungling strategies differ with options. This is why we're confident that this will make long-term improvements.

Balance will need to be watched closely, but that's the cost of entry for big changes - easily worth the cost, imo.

Lukiner

11-06-2012

I just hope that season3 will start in November at least

can't wait for AD caster items (Talon <3 <3 <3), new recipes for low tier items and reworked jungle

only the barrier spell on SR makes me worry ~~ this will be broken on bruisers and other champs that already have good scaling shield from skills (imagine riven with barrier tower diving like a baws)

Darmikau

11-06-2012

Barrier on SR.

Ugh.

Everything else sounds great, but'd it'd rather leave barrier in ARAM - ESPECIALLY if it's so strong that there's 10 a game. There's already a ridiculous amount of shields in the game.

Xeteo

11-06-2012

im gonna play so much talon with the new ad caster items

TheWaveWizard

11-06-2012

Morello, I want to thank you for stopping by the thread I made, and putting some of the support player's fears to rest.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...767&highlight=

Nice discussion. I'm really looking forward to S3, and all of the itemization changes.

Deathswarrior

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakabiel View Post
Morello - is there any chance of allowing custom item lists for our champions? A sort of favorites in place of the recommended items?

I want this the most out of everything done to this game.

And poor flash what are they saying....Oh what? I can flash shield now.... Yeah that makes things more dangerous, it wont take you 20 min for first blood.