3,000 petition signatures later...

12345678 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phallicies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGravel View Post
Bye.
Bye mac Never knew you, but bye all the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragnDave View Post
Ppl crying about losing old TT for new TT remind me of Romney supporters. Leave the game now then. See if we QQ about it. Just like all those fools saying they'd leave the country if Obama won. No, you really won't. You just want to try and talk a big game. See you on TT soon QQers.
I'm not trying to QQ and can you guys just stop trying to same that i am, i know you like the attention of trying to say something smart, its not doing a very good job. :/ all i was doing was finally saying good bye to the game i loved, and no, you wont see me on TT or SR or PG or DOM, i'm LEAVING LoL not caring whether you QQ about it because i frankly don't care about you or the new TT. Good bye sir

Squallian

11-07-2012

Just to point it out, theres like 32 million league players.

You think 3000 signatures means something?

Exqzr

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragnDave View Post
Ppl crying about losing old TT for new TT remind me of Romney supporters. Leave the game now then. See if we QQ about it. Just like all those fools saying they'd leave the country if Obama won. No, you really won't. You just want to try and talk a big game. See you on TT soon QQers.
LoL.

It's great that Obama won. And I won't stop playing LoL. They just wont get another penny from me. I'll vote with my dollar after they snubbed a loyal Classic TT fanbase.

Omesh

11-07-2012

Short reply: if people want to leave the game over this, that's fine. Fewer people to clog queue lines and all that. They're overreacting, though, and in a big way, but I can't convince anyone that SI Treeline is very much the same sort of experience as Classic Treeline, but vastly improved and with its own identity (rather than "3-man SR on a smaller map with a worse jungle"). Not that it's perfect-- the altar timers need a review all around and Vilemaw should be given consideration as well-- but this is a better map. And I say this as someone who played Treeline pretty much exclusively. (And who isn't crazy about Dominion, either.)

Again, quit if you want, that's your prerogative, but I think you should give the map a fair shake once the initial frustration wears off.

Kitsune Senpai

11-07-2012

So, I see no specifics here. I mean no one who has claimed, from what I have read of all the posts like this, that this map is bad actually states a reasoning. Ever. I mean isn't that what we're seeing in RIOT's post here? They say that they will fix what ever problems you have with it if you give them reason and "QQ the old map is better" isn't reason. So what I really would like to hear is in GREAT detail what is bad about the new TT and what can you, as people who have played it so much, come up with in the way of solutions? As a game designer I hate it when I read forum posts like this where there is no real help to be seen. If the new map is bad, WHY is it bad and different doesn't mean bad. It's not a good reason and as a company that believes in the iterative design process you aren't helping them. The game will change, one day SR will have changes, although likely more minor. The thing with iterative design is things WILL change items, champions, meta, the idea is to keep the game in flux and to try and find what works. The old TT didn't work. The games ranged from a few minutes to well over an hour due to the infinite turtling that was possible, the jungle was unpredictable and so who was considered a viable jungler came down to just a few champions, which riot said that their design team doesn't want there to be 4 viable junglers, in S3 we will see more unusual picks for the jungle, that is there goal and to achieve that TT's jungle was remade. Dragon in TT was too easy to solo and that caused some issues, I actually liked that though. So I have been specific about what is bad about the map you love. Now tell me why the new TT is bad, and be specific. Don't hide behind numbers, if everyone likes killing babies and drinking there blood it doesn't make it right, the mob does not rule. I'm tired of typing.

Battleaxe19

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
LoL.

It's great that Obama won. And I won't stop playing LoL. They just wont get another penny from me. I'll vote with my dollar after they snubbed a loyal Classic TT fanbase.
I'm going to give more money to Riot and tell them it's because new TT is so great. Just to spite you. <3

JannappleExpress

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallicies View Post
And the good thing about statistics is that though only a small percentage is on the forums you can assume about the same percentage of people are going to be A)mad B)happy C)indefferent
Wrong. Indifferent people don't express their lack of an opinion... Happy summoners just would rather play the game than sit on the forums and shower riot with praise.

Edit: Wait... I'm responding to a guy named "Phallicies" on a prime example of fallacy. Why you troll me

MacGravel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battleaxe19 View Post
I'm going to give more money to Riot and tell them it's because new TT is so great. Just to spite you. <3
I've already gave them money for it, and I'm going to give them more soon. <3

Nash Cox

11-07-2012

god riot is so stupid **** YOU riot uninstalling this **** as we speak. and the ppl who like the new map i bet you have less than 1000 wins and never played the old TT, you know nothing, you don't know "the feel" of playing the old TT so shut the hell up and enjoy your new map, who is designed for ****** made by *******, who only wants quicks rewards and unbalanced ****, and im not saying the old TT was perfect but was in fact a looooooooooooooooooooooot more better than this ****. **** YOU

Nash Cox

11-07-2012

To All those that like the New Coke er, I mean New TT!

Great. Play it.

However, the old TT map had some FANTASTIC game experiences for me and Thousands of others.

This includes 1h and 20 minute epic games (that didn't happen all the much) but more than that...

What I miss from Classic TT...

CAREFUL, beautifully constructed ganks.

THOUGHTFUL strategies and tactics

CLASSIC 1 v 1 match ups at full builds.

AWESOME team fights at the dragon or Lizard

SPARTA like Defense with both your inhibs and central turret down.

CHASING a player though the top jungle forever and finally getting him just before he gets to safety

BALLET like Turret dives with a determined defender

SAVING a mate just in time

PLAYING hide and seek and seeing who blinks first.

RAGING at Tryndamere cause he spun away for the tenth time!

RUNNING for your life and laughing if you get away or tipping your hat if you get caught.

OWNING top lane and roaming to crush Bottom.

CARRYING your team if one or both of your mates are struggling.

CAT AND MOUSE LANING - at least for a little while

WELL TIMED pushes.

BUFFS from somewhat durable Neutrals.

STRONG Static defenses.

CARING about the outcome.

SUMMONER's RIFT light. Yeah that was the point wasn't it?

COLOUR and actual trees

COMPETENT team mates. not SR players stopping in for a look/ coffee break.

COMMUNITY of TTers that are passionate and dedicated to the Awesomeness that was 3 V 3

GONE! ALL GONE! ALL HEARTRENDINGLY GONE!

Yeah sure, Parts (very small parts) of SOME of the above exists but no where near the same intensity, flavour or appeal of CLASSIC TT.

What we get in return is a GANK FEST where the only viable strat is to just run around in as a squad and engage. With hyper snowball and even more broken champs and team comps.

The whole thing is making me (literally) ill from the sudden, brutal destruction of my favorite pastime for 3+ years and 3000k+ won games.

12345678 ... 12